"Old Faithful " Scratch call

DaveHawk

Ive developed a scratch call that was handed down to me by and old friend who made these. He found the original back in the 60's hanging in the attic of a abandoned 1850 house in Sharpsburg Pa. He figured its age civil war period. It plays unbelievable on pot call but can be played with just a piece of slate. I will be selling them for $15 with the sale of a pot call.
I like using my strikers but this scratch call has won me over for the tone and intensity of the sound.

The call is "Old faithful" the original. Both side play. Old Faithful original was walnut. I do use maple , hickory , purple heart but 70% are made from walnut

Wayne Carlton sold these calls that Keith Casteel made for him. The call has a long time following and proven reputation

I have these tuned ready to go. These have no finish on them to ensure the original quality sound. $ 20 ea. includes shipping.

Last edited:
*I offered up a deal to one of the guys on here. With the purchase of a Maple pot call slate over crystal and a striker I'll throw in a scratch call. From now till the 1st of April.
pot call
Maple burl your pick of slate or glass over crystal $55
Strikers; African Blackwood $35*
Rosewoood $30
Purple Heart, curly maple, walnut, hickory $20 EA
Plus shipping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back