Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Offseason Tinkering

My whole house looks like that...not just my workbench. If it exists and it's important then it's on the bench somewhere.

20230925_154456.jpg
Now that mud season has started and skiing is over. It starts and drives BUT will die if you put it in gear without giving it gas. It's kind of fun and dangerous at the same time. (Notice the messy garage full of other half finished projects)

Last edited:
I've also been tinkering way too much this winter. Played musical chairs with all my scope/rifle combos, sold off a bunch of old guns and scopes and bought some new ones.

My favorite outcome so far has been the new HS Precision handle and Burris scope for my old trusty Ruger 7mag. I'm really impressed with the quality of both, just need to find time to get it to the range.

20240313_172943.jpg

Parts delivered but an expanded laundry list of things to do discussed. 357 miles roundtrip, hopefully a pre June fetch.

...have a good load w/180 Accubond but the seed of a lighter projectile is germinating.

Parts delivered but an expanded laundry list of things to do discussed. 357 miles roundtrip, hopefully a pre June fetch.

...have a good load w/180 Accubond but the seed of a lighter projectile is germinating.
May I help your germinating sir. Might I interest you in a 168 gr. or 150 gr. Nosler E-tip.
But then a 165 gr. Accubond sure would be a screamer too. Oh so many choices.

I always had good performance with the 165gr Ballistic Tip back when I had a 30-06.

Never had to track a deer. It was always right where I shot it.
50 yards to 300 yards.

I bought Lee Collet Neck Size dies for 5 of the cartridges that I shoot the most, mainly to eliminate the steps of lubing cases then removing the lube, but also hoping to increase accuracy with a more consistant neck pressure on the bullets. Only range time will tell.

Also I bought 2 Lee 0.284" bullet size dies and modified them by opening them up in 0.008" increments, so when I recieve a 3rd one (hopefully today), I can swage .30 caliber 150 gr FMJ bullets down to 0.284" to I load them in my 7 mm RM so that I can shoot small animals without blowing a huge hole through them. (Like the time my expanding hunting bullet made about a 1/2" exit hole in my Dall ram, then a couple of days later one of those same bullets made a hole larger than my fist in a Wolverine,)

It's good to have projects!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back