Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Nosler cartridges

Not to derail the thread, but it’s a zombie anyways, why do an long throated 300 WM over a 300PRC?
I think the WM uses even less powder than the PRC. I realize the 308 Win uses even less powder than the 300 WM, but 300 WM is as far down the ladder as I am interested in going.

I shoot a 33 Nosler in a M48 Liberty. The recoil is stout, but not harsh if that makes sense. Recoil from a 300 RUM is worse in my opinion. The gun is very accurate, have only used 265 gr ABLRs so far, but will be switching to 225 gr ABs this fall. Contemplating a muzzle brake, but I'd rather deal with recoil than busted ear drums.

I shoot a 33 Nosler in a M48 Liberty. The recoil is stout, but not harsh if that makes sense. Recoil from a 300 RUM is worse in my opinion. The gun is very accurate, have only used 265 gr ABLRs so far, but will be switching to 225 gr ABs this fall. Contemplating a muzzle brake, but I'd rather deal with recoil than busted ear drums.
I guess so!
RUM is a larger cartridge.
Like comparing 308 to 30-06.

28 nosler and 27 nosler, are hard to beat, 28 nosler is my favorite cartridge by far, kills everything excepts rhinos and elephants

When I had my 300 RUM rebarreled after accuracy started going South, I went with a long throated 30 Nosler. It looks like I am going to get only slightly lower velocity than the RUM, but I will be using 8-10 gr less powder to do it. If I had started with an action that had standard feed rails, I probably would have gone with a long throated 300 Win to get nearly 30 Nosler velocity with less powder.

The Nosler line below 30 cal is too overbore for me.
The barrel life of nosler chambers is terrible, I’ll take a 6.5x55 over a 26N every day

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back