New website and product

Brandenbowhunter

Go over and checkout the new website and the new decoys. We are proud to have the Elk and Mule deer decoys for this year...and to top it off...Randy is going to try a new proto-type for me...I will let him fill you in on that though...

Randy's antelope hunt is next week at 7pm on Thursday...

http://bethedecoy.com/

thanks to Randy from the Be the Decoy crew!

Tried the 'lope head last year,....the few bucks in the area I hunted took one look and split for Wyoming at a full gallop.Hunting gimmicks have a time and a place,just have to figure it out.I'm sure if I hunted every day of the season eventually it would click.I'm actually more excited to use the antelope head to stalk CRP mulies in October.;)

Love "Be the Decoy". Taught at a "Hunting & Conservation camp" this past week. and showed all the Iowa boys the hat. All 84 kids laughed at me!!!

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

I picked up a antelope head and shirt late last year, really looking forward to giving it a try this fall!

Brandon i hope you have a good lawyer. Looks to me like some poor unsuspecting elk hunter has a molestation from a one ton Angus bull,in his future.Ouch!

Checkout the FB page we are giving away gear, and decoys as we hit different milestones on likes...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/bethedecoy

If you are excited to used the antelope on mule deer...wait until you use the mule deer decoy.

And that is part of the fun with these decoys, you can get charged during the rut with any of them. Better make sure you are stalking something you want to kill, you may have to shoot it in self-defense.
:) The new mule deer decoy is my favorite to date..crazy how well it works...I have killed with all of them..this one is my favorite!

Interesting. The native americans used to use tricks like this very effectively.

I wouldnt use it personally where we hunt. Too many other people around. We had an archer almost killed in the Trask Unit last year when some newbie shot an arrow through his Montana Decoy....if he was "being" the decoy, he would be dead for sure.

But if I had some private land, or a place where there wasnt so much pressure, it looks like it would be fun to try!

I wouldnt use it personally where we hunt. Too many other people around. We had an archer almost killed in the Trask Unit last year when some newbie shot an arrow through his Montana Decoy....if he was "being" the decoy, he would be dead for sure.QUOTE]

Really??? Thats a bunch of crap!

I wouldnt use it personally where we hunt. Too many other people around. We had an archer almost killed in the Trask Unit last year when some newbie shot an arrow through his Montana Decoy....if he was "being" the decoy, he would be dead for sure.QUOTE]

Really??? Thats a bunch of crap!

Yep! SCARY that a guy hears a cow call, peaks over a small rise and in the ferns stands a "cow elk", ducks down, knocks his arrow and takes a shot.. sending arrow through the decoy and approx 3 feet from the hunter who had it staked out. Heard it first hand from the shooter (we used to work together at a manufacturing plant here in town)....and it was confirmed by a 3rd party who knew the poor guy who almost got shot at the local archery shop.

Yep! SCARY that a guy hears a cow call, peaks over a small rise and in the ferns stands a "cow elk", ducks down, knocks his arrow and takes a shot.. sending arrow through the decoy and approx 3 feet from the hunter who had it staked out. Heard it first hand from the shooter (we used to work together at a manufacturing plant here in town)....and it was confirmed by a 3rd party who knew the poor guy who almost got shot at the local archery shop.

Good testimonial for Montana Decoy....

Moron should have his hunting priveleges revoked.

Brandon, the Elk and Mule deer decoys look like they turned out good, hope business is going well.

Last edited:
I got the hat for fathers day. Now I just have to wait for September to try it out. I noticed when it came there is a crack where the horns connect behind both horns. they have torn away about 1/4 inch. Is there a fix for this?

why didn't you make a spike bull head to try and fire up the herd bull??I could see the antelope one working in the rut with the right terrain.Not too sure about the rest or if I'd want to be wearing one on public ground.I'd be real nervous looking like a cow elk in archery or gun season
good luck with the business;its a neat idea.I'll have to let you know where to send the royalties for the spike bull head idea,lol

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back