MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Mexico Pronghorn - Act II

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, last year was so much fun, Bugler and I decided we would apply again. For those of you who want to see the details of last year's hunt, that is in the link below.

2009 New Mexico Archery Pronghorn Thread

This year we will be in a unit that is adjacent to where we hunted last year. And, the cameras will be rolling again. Still trying to decide if this will be a TV episode, or a web exclusive.

Last year I really had a yank for shooting one as a spot and stalk situation. Try as I may, it never worked out and it ended up being a blind and waterhole that allowed me to fill my tag. Bugler stuck it out and made the stalk of the season and arrowed his buck.

This year I am going to try my spot and stalk ideas again. I am figuring that with my Moo Cow Decoy from Montana Decoy Company and my Be the Decoy hat that I call Kong the Prong, the big bucks don't know how short their time is.

You guys will laugh when you see me walking around with a black cow silhouette and wearing a pronghorn hat, but I hope to have the last laugh. If I fail miserably, I might edit out the crazy costumes and tactics to spare myself some humiliation on TV.

Most of the truck is packed, the cameras are loaded, and it looks like I am running away from home. The down side of having more sponsors is how much more stuff you ends up in your truck. Good for the show, but I am needing a cargo trailer. Anyone have a trailer they want to rent?

We launch tomorrow and will spend 18 hours driving. By the time we arrive on Friday morning, we will only have that afternoon to scout and make our plans. Bugler is first shooter this year. The only way I am shooting is if he passes some ugly looking dinosaur in search of some sleek high scoring monster. I will gladly push him aside and start my assault.

Good news is that we have been given a ton of new electronics and gadgets from companies who saw the live blogging of the prior year episode when it aired on TV a couple weeks ago. So, unless the Verizon satellites fall from the sky or the UFOs from Roswell make a pass over us, we should be giving hourly updates. Well, maybe not hourly, but at least every few hours.

Whether we tag a buck or not, it will be a hunt of the greatest enjoyment. Great friends, great place, and hopefully some great bucks.

Hope we don't disappoint.

Good luck! Be careful.

Im off to WY friday for the archery opener!

Good luck Fin and Bugler. I pray your hunting angels are with you, and guide you well.

I"m going to put my hip wadders on and stalk a Montana goat this weekend. Looking for dry ground. They might be hanging out on the one patch.

If this year goes anything like last year, I know you and Bugler will not disappoint us! Good luck and we look forward to the updates as they come!

Interested in hearing your results with the Be the Decoy hat. Your gonna look silly but I hope it works.

You need a mobile or lite version of the website so we can post our hunts from our phones and make it a little easier and quicker to navigate the site.

Fin - You haven't even added all my junk into the truck yet. I can't believe how much crap us hunters carry around with us.

Now you tell me about all this new fancy equipment to update the blog. I felt left out last year and decided to buy myself one of those fancy smart phones just so I could stay connected. Only down fall I see so far is the battery totally sucks on it.

Good luck to all you fellow archery lope hunters out there.

You need a mobile or lite version of the website so we can post our hunts from our phones and make it a little easier and quicker to navigate the site.

That is how all the updates were done in the field last year, via my Blackberry. When we got to camp, we would use the mini, for longer updates.

I can navigate this site pretty easy with my Blackberry. There is probably a better way to do it that I don't know about. If you have an idea in mind, let me know.

That is how all the updates were done in the field last year, via my Blackberry. When we got to camp, we would use the mini, for longer updates.

I can navigate this site pretty easy with my Blackberry. There is probably a better way to do it that I don't know about. If you have an idea in mind, let me know.

Oh I can post and navigate from my I-Phone but it takes forever. To many cool graphics that take forever to load. I was just thinking if there was a mobile version to just post and read from a phone with, it would be awesome.

Take a look at http://www.ar15.com/mobile/

Compared to http://www.ar15.com

I can zip thru the mobile version but it takes forever to go to different screens on the web version of ar15.com from my phone.

Be careful with your *Moo Cow* decoy out there. If you get some half-blind old range bull that wants to have a little *fun* it could get exciting for you.

I just got word of a successful antelope hunt using the Antelope decoy hat in New Mexico. I'm trying to get more info. I'll post if I find out more.

That's all the info I have for now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back