New Member from La

L

LaHunter

New guy jumping in from north La.
I've been DIY Mule Deer hunting in WY for the past 3 years and finally took my first mule deer last year.
Western hunting is 'in my blood' now, so I hope to be doing this for the next 20+ years.
I recognize some members here from other forums and look forward to getting to know everyone.

'Goat, I get where where yer coming from. You're closer than I am.

Reminds me of a past LA lady....

But, Ahh Humm......we'll not go there, just now.

Welcome.

Don't believe anything anybody tells you here. They are just a bunch of braggart's. I, and only I have the wisdom ....... uhhhhh, I, and only I have the experience.....umm, I, AND ONLY I have the beer hidden at camp, and I'm not a'gonna tell........

Watt21
I probably should have been more clear. I am from north Louisiana. It might take me a while to get to UCLA.

Gunner46
I will keep those words of 'wisdom' in mind.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

UCLA, pretty funny!

Just fyi, I found a map that helps describe La (the state), it has it divided into 5 regions. You could boil it down to 3:

1) Cajun country = Acadiana

2) New Orleans (really like a different country).

3) everything else (North, Central..), more typically "Southern"

I grew up in North-Central region (Natchitoches), and back then (long time ago) with the poor roads the state seemed more "divided". In college I dated a girl from New Orleans; she had a distinct and proud French heritage. She was greatly offended if anyone called her a "Cajun".

And I forgot to say "Welcome" to LaHunter!

Attachments

• 666px-Louisiana_regions_map_svg.png
    666px-Louisiana_regions_map_svg.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 48
That map is pretty accurate. The Central region is more of a transition area. There are people hear with strong Cajun influences along with the strong Cajun accents and you will find people hear that are more typically 'southern'.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back