Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Never posted so I was due deletion...

Hobie

Got a message today that not posting was reason to delete my account. I was most sorry to hear that. While I haven't posted here, I've been here a time or two (or more) as I followed links from the forum I moderate. Unfortunately, or not :D, I could not see that I could add anything to the topic/thread so I didn't. I don't talk/type to hear/read myself.

I understand about maintaining databases, saving storage space, etc. but deleting lurkers is counterproductive to forum health. I am atypical. Most members of any forum are lurkers. Lurking is the first step to posting and most posters lurked a bit, at least, before risking world-wide ridicule with a post.

Hobie is my name everywhere because it really is my nickname. I'd hate to have lost use of it here just because I haven't posted in 3 years. ;)

Well, now I've posted. I hope you'll let me retain my registration. Thanks.

Post a note once every six months that has a good picture you took in it and you should be good to go or even just put a note to say Hi I am still around. Glad your lurking as sometimes listening instead of talking is the best way to learn and find out things.
hope to see you around again some day.

Not sure why they take you off the list but I have seen alot of groups do that to just clean up there lists and shorten them for managment reasons.

There are very few ads here and the site is paid for by Oscar and those individuals who choose to donate $$$ to keep it going.

You can lurk and read all you want without having to register or join.
I can understand Moosie not wanting to pay for peole who do not post or add to the discussions. It's his site and his decision.

...did it look like this? Got this in e-mail.

Dear User, Acording to our records you have never posted on Hunttalk after registering and have also not visited in over 1 year. By tomorrow if you have not updated your status you will be deleted from the data base. If you recieve this Email after deletion and would like to add back into the data base, please visit http://www.hunttalk.com If you have any queations please contact [email protected] -Moosie

My message was a bit different....

Dear User, Acording to our records you don't post enough on Hunttalk. We have found your keen insight, superior intellect, astute observation, and willingness to share information to be a welcome change from the more common nonsense and stupid opinions we get from Texans. By tomorrow if you have names other members who you do not think are worthy of membership, please let us know by contacting [email protected] -Moosie

Ahora verás huarache, ya apareció tu correa. De lejos se reconoce al pájaro que es canario. Donde está el baño?

Got a message today that not posting was reason to delete my account. I was most sorry to hear that. While I haven't posted here, I've been here a time or two (or more) as I followed links from the forum I moderate. Unfortunately, or not :D, I could not see that I could add anything to the topic/thread so I didn't. I don't talk/type to hear/read myself.

I understand about maintaining databases, saving storage space, etc. but deleting lurkers is counterproductive to forum health. I am atypical. Most members of any forum are lurkers. Lurking is the first step to posting and most posters lurked a bit, at least, before risking world-wide ridicule with a post.

Hobie is my name everywhere because it really is my nickname. I'd hate to have lost use of it here just because I haven't posted in 3 years. ;)

Well, now I've posted. I hope you'll let me retain my registration. Thanks.

I think oscar was trying to figure out who looked at hunttalk, when he sends out emails some people get pissed a ton come back from a non email addy..
there are 6,407 email addys and lots are spammers he is just trying to clean them out.

It was nothing against anyone in the way he sent the email, although I think the email is tacky and not to the point but thats just Oscar, mine would have looked like this. and it would have been spelled correctly :D .

Hey Butt Head, According to our records you have never posted on Hunt talk after registering and have also not visited in over 1 year. in 20 Minutes if you don't get off your lazy ass and at least act like your alive, I am going to drop you. If you receive this Email after deletion tough shit you should be checking your email more, besides the old saying " You snooze you Loose" Applies here.

but then again thats just me.

I think oscar was trying to figure out who looked at hunttalk, when he sends out emails some people get pissed a ton come back from a non email addy..
there are 6,407 email addys and lots are spammers he is just trying to clean them out.

It was nothing against anyone in the way he sent the email, although I think the email is tacky and not to the point but thats just Oscar, mine would have looked like this. and it would have been spelled correctly :D .

but then again thats just me.

Hey Del, beats the hell out of one of those "Iam leaving and never coming back" douche threads. LOL

Hey Butt Head, According to our records you have never posted on Hunt talk after registering and have also not visited in over 1 year. in 20 Minutes if you don't get off your lazy ass and at least act like your alive, I am going to drop you. If you receive this Email after deletion tough shit you should be checking your email more, besides the old saying " You snooze you Loose" Applies here.

..and welcome to HT Hobie.;):D

Yah, DelW's Email would have been a little bit "righter" then mine :D :D

I got several Email Feedback's and will update a few guys tonight. Hobi, Welcome aboard. But your line about Lurking wouldn't Apply. You could still Lurk even if you didn't have an Account. But glad you decided to post.

I OWN this site and Have nothing to Input, so don't give me that BullChit about you not having anything to contribute. Seriously, you can't BS a BSer... :D :D WELCOME Aboard and looking forward to hearing more of ya :)

Yah, DelW's Email would have been a little bit "righter" then mine :D :D

I got several Email Feedback's and will update a few guys tonight. Hobi, Welcome aboard. But your line about Lurking wouldn't Apply. You could still Lurk even if you didn't have an Account. But glad you decided to post.

I OWN this site and Have nothing to Input, so don't give me that BullChit about you not having anything to contribute. Seriously, you can't BS a BSer... :D :D WELCOME Aboard and looking forward to hearing more of ya :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back