Navajo nation hunt

Good luck on your hunt. By the way, it was the Isletas (Tiwas) just south of Albuquerque that taught the Navajos how to make frybread.

Fry bread is based on wheat flour, right? I think is an introduced food though has been transformed into some very tasty treats there in the SW.

LopeHunter when the Navajos make frybread we make it with Blue Bird flour, its from Cortez Milling Company. I guess you would call it bleached flour. Speaking of frybread the first cow elk I killed I cooked was Navajo elk burgers as the first meal for my family. Its a piece of Frybread with two patties of elk, since I live in NM I like mine with some green chilies and cheese.
Fry bread is based on wheat flour, right? I think is an introduced food though has been transformed into some very tasty treats there in the SW.

LopeHunter when the Navajos make frybread we make it with Blue Bird flour, its from Cortez Milling Company. I guess you would call it bleached flour. Speaking of frybread the first cow elk I killed I cooked was Navajo elk burgers as the first meal for my family. Its a piece of Frybread with two patties of elk, since I live in NM I like mine with some green chilies and cheese.

Yea that fry bread and a burger on it is really good...... had me some fry bread when I was back home in W. ND last month... Congrats on some very good all natural red meat.... :)
Matt

Navajo
I will appreciate all direct coordinates to the elk herds for next year:D. That is an awesome cow. This cajun doesn't know anything about fry bread but if you put powdered sugar on it we may call it a beignet.

unit 51 NM is a great unit. I went down to New Orleans one time and had one of those Beignet and a cup of coffee down in the French Quarters, very good.
Navajo
I will appreciate all direct coordinates to the elk herds for next year:D. That is an awesome cow. This cajun doesn't know anything about fry bread but if you put powdered sugar on it we may call it a beignet.

Jeff its Jackson I'm gona get me one of those Bulls, just like Treavore did. Well that's the plan, see how it goes. Nice to hear from you.

Just checked in on this and saw your picture, thought that was you! Awesome, plenty of good meat there. Look forward to hearing your stories.

Thanks Jeff, it was an awesome hunt I had such a great time. I was with my Wife and Brother Donovan, he was a big help with gutting her out. Take care and we hope to make up one of these days to visit you all.
Just checked in on this and saw your picture, thought that was you! Awesome, plenty of good meat there. Look forward to hearing your stories.

Back