MT

Wyhunter

I could possibly be moving back to Montana this year if a job comes through. I havent hunted or lived in Montana since 2008. The job would bring me to the southern part of the state. Im looking at a few towns that Ive only driven through, was wondering if anyone on here lived in those areas and can shed some light. I have a young family with 2 kids. The priorities will be outdoor adventures for them, descent schools, and a relatively safe enviroment. The areas i am looking at are in the Bridger area and North of Hardin. Thank you for any information. Feel free to PM as well.

Housing may be a issue Hardin would be more affordable depending on where you gonna work Billings has a few nice little towns around it

Would your job be close enough to the state line that you could live in Ranchester or over in the edge of WY? It would offer better hunting than MT, and Sheridan is a nice family town. I work 5-6 months of the year between Lusk and Huellet/Sundance and I would love to have WY residency. Best of luck on your move.

Would your job be close enough to the state line that you could live in Ranchester or over in the edge of WY? It would offer better hunting than MT, and Sheridan is a nice family town. I work 5-6 months of the year between Lusk and Huellet/Sundance and I would love to have WY residency. Best of luck on your move.
I have put a lot of thought into ranchester. It would be about 1 hr 15 min drive from there. I could keep my Wyoming residence as well.

Bridger is a nice little town. Assuming the job would be based in Fort Smith, it’s a drive from Bridger, and the back roads from Bridger to Pryor to St X are bad in the winter. Billings to Hardin and down to Fort Smith is also a drive every day but it takes less time.

If you’ve never spent much time around Hardin or the reservation, just know that Hardin is a rough place to live. A lot of people who work in Hardin commute from Billings every day for a reason.

Bridger is a nice little town. Assuming the job would be based in Fort Smith, it’s a drive from Bridger, and the back roads from Bridger to Pryor to St X are bad in the winter. Billings to Hardin and down to Fort Smith is also a drive every day but it takes less time.

If you’ve never spent much time around Hardin or the reservation, just know that Hardin is a rough place to live. A lot of people who work in Hardin commute from Billings every day for a reason.
I appreciate the information. I use to work up by the reservation between Missoula and Polson back in the early 2000's. It wasnt a great place either.
I think a drive either way would be more beneficial to my family than living next to the rez.

I appreciate the information. I use to work up by the reservation between Missoula and Polson back in the early 2000's. It wasnt a great place either.
I think a drive either way would be more beneficial to my family than living next to the rez.
And Hardin/Crow Agnecy is considerably more dangerous than the Flathead, at least in my experience.

There's no way I'd live in Hardin as some indicated. It's way worse than the flathead imo and I've spent a fair amount of time in both areas. Bridger would be fine. Ranchester would be even better if you could deal with the drive

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back