Mr Newberg

Thanks. A good group of serious hunters at BHA. Very pleased to see their appreciation of the work we are doing.

Wish some more of the TV guys would stand up on behalf of wild places and public land access. There are other guys in the TV gig besides me and Steve who hunt in these places. Hopefully they will start speaking out and using their platforms for a bigger purpose.

While I enjoy the entertainment value of Fresh Tracks and Meat Eater, the education by word and deed is very valuable. Its not just yucking it up and having a good ol boy time, but you can tell that there is studied, thoughtful positions being taken to a level beyond the hosts themselves when regarding the environment, wildlife management, and governmental policy issues. I'm sure that there is a fine line/tightrope being walked when shooting/editing each episode to provide both the true to life hunt, as well as provide the aforementioned education.

Those folks mentioned in the OP link all seem to be thinkers, movers and doers in today's outdoor world. I am glad to (internet) know one of them away from the TV screen, and from where I sit, is the real deal.

Wow now that is impressive Randy to be up there with Fred Bear man how that must feel he is a legend in my mind. Cool stuff right there your doing something that is great for the average Joe and I love it because that is me " Average Joe" and that is who/what you stand up for. That is what hunting public lands DIY is all about.

While I enjoy the entertainment value of Fresh Tracks and Meat Eater, the education by word and deed is very valuable. Its not just yucking it up and having a good ol boy time, but you can tell that there is studied, thoughtful positions being taken to a level beyond the hosts themselves when regarding the environment, wildlife management, and governmental policy issues. I'm sure that there is a fine line/tightrope being walked when shooting/editing each episode to provide both the true to life hunt, as well as provide the aforementioned education.

Those folks mentioned in the OP link all seem to be thinkers, movers and doers in today's outdoor world. I am glad to (internet) know one of them away from the TV screen, and from where I sit, is the real deal.

...there it is...well put.

Met Fred Bear once back in 1980. Hope to someday have the pleasure of meeting Randy and Steve and tell them thanks for all they do.

Randy:

We sure appreciate all the time, money and effort you put forth on public access, conservation, and related issues.

Scott

Met Fred Bear once back in 1980. Hope to someday have the pleasure of meeting Randy and Steve and tell them thanks for all they do.

I've met Randy and Renella at separate BHA events. One was very nice had beers and talked with everyone and was a pleasure to be around. I was happy to give him a ride to his motel after the event. The other was standoffish with a tinge of arrogance and gave many other people at the event the same I'm here for a good cause but leave me alone attitude. I think both are great spokesmen for our sport but Randy is the only one I'd like to have beers with again. Thanks Randy for all you do.

Hunting help

I'm new to the forum. I love elk and deer hunting. I've been hunting Colorado for past 18 years but the last 3 have been sub par. I'm wanting to try another state like Wyoming or Idaho next year and pack in somewhere with the horses. Can anyone help with zones or units in either state that have good success rates or easy to draw or buy OTC.
Thanks, scott

Thank you to Randy (and Steve) for working for hunters - LWCF spots in the middle of the show - real hunts and useful guidance on how to find animals on public land. Not just which outfitter to buy a hunt from. This is the real deal.

Some of you may know of a fella that moved to Montana a few years back to help promote a muzzle loading season during our Bow season, or in place of some of it.

We this guy has been ranting about wolves sense then because the there was no room for a separate, additional season, and he blamed wolves as much as Bow Hunters.

He's been attacking responsible sportsman groups as of late and now set his sites on Randy Newberg. He has a small following of un informed people.

He attacked Randy on RMEF's Facebook page and rather than the moderator removing him, I'd like to see he view dismantled and he himself left alienated and alone, also exposed for what an idiot he is.

Feel free to post a message to Toby, or more importantly a supportive message for Randy.

https://www.facebook.com/RMEF1

Some of you may know of a fella that moved to Montana a few years back to help promote a muzzle loading season during our Bow season, or in place of some of it.

We this guy has been ranting about wolves sense then because the there was no room for a separate, additional season, and he blamed wolves as much as Bow Hunters.

He's been attacking responsible sportsman groups as of late and now set his sites on Randy Newberg. He has a small following of un informed people.

He attacked Randy on RMEF's Facebook page and rather than the moderator removing him, I'd like to see he view dismantled and he himself left alienated and alone, also exposed for what an idiot he is.

Feel free to post a message to Toby, or more importantly a supportive message for Randy.

https://www.facebook.com/RMEF1

I don't do Facebook, but for anyone that does I would suggest they go on there and politely cut the guy to pieces with facts to dispel whatever he's spouting. The guy, just from the little I've read about him over the last year or two on this site, must be a real dick!!!

Addendum: I just finished reading a lengthy piece on that dude's website and after hearing the lies he spewed about BHA and other groups along with his comments about Randy and his show, the guy is a lot more than what I originally stated! :eek: :(

Last edited:
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back