Montana Republican Primary

Gerald Martin

I know how contentious most political threads become, but I think every Montana hunter, angler and outdoor enthusiast owes it to themselves to listen to Randy's Interview with Tim Fox and Jon Knokey. https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hu...BgdAWlfYF-Vy77Nn09blwqweLOcu05Y&autoplay=true

In my opinion, the Republican primary race holds far more significance for Montana hunters, anglers and outdoor recreationists than the general election does. I think there is a greater contrast between Gianforte and Tim Fox in the values they espouse and the positions they take that interface with our concerns as hunters than there is between Fox and the Democratic candidates.

With a new Elk management plan in the works and lingering sentiment to transfer federal land into state ownership, I hope hunters of all political affiliation step up to advance Tim Fox over Gianforte. The consequences of this primary will most likely affect Montana Wildlife management for years to come.

I agree. Regardless of your political party affiliation, philosophy, or attitudes as hunters, outdoor recreationists, and those who hold Montana wildlife, public lands and public access of great value ... your most important and far reaching vote this upcoming year may be in the primary to support Tim Fox as the gubernatorial candidate for the Republican party. I encourage you to briefly research the greatly contrasting records of Fox and Gianforte, as well as their publicized statements and positions. You will readily understand what is being asserted here with this position statement supporting Tim Fox.

Look who is doing a lot of boot licking under the promise of a high profile FWP position if Gianforte is elected. I offered to help Fox and Knokey because of their true commitment to hunting, fishing, and public access, along with full support for property rights.

When I see Kerry White stumping for a position in FWP and doing the hatchet swinging on behalf of others, I am even more energized to see Fox and Knokey win.

Last edited:
Look who is doing a lot of boot licking under the promise of a high profile FWP position if Gianforte is elected. I offered to help Fox and Knokey because of their true commitment to hunting, fishing, and public access, along with full support for property rights.

When I see Kerry White stumping for a position in FWP and doing the hatchet swinging on behalf of others, I am even more energized to see Fox and Knokey win.

After reading the Facebook exchange the esteemed Rep. White had with you, I can’t help but be amazed at how we let people like that make important decisions.

And let's not forget Gianforte's letter to the FWP demanding they continue with shoulder seasons. If we want to see MT continue catering to the big money, access-blocking landowners and pay-to-play type hunters and not give a rat's ass about the average public land hunter, that's exactly what Gianforte's going to give us. And the scary part is this comes just as the new Elk Management plan is about to get rolling.

Hope the big G gets the boot and Fox pulls it off. Again, as mentioned in prior threads, MT is an open primary state.

Hopefully the Democrats who give two chits about public land identify the BEST of those set to *compete is worth your time to vote in the Republican primary for Fox.

I actually received a whimpering pm complaint when I mentioned open primaries for Republicans to vote in the Democrat primary...

All parties that have a conservation concern in MT need to make sure the pressure is placed to vote Fox in for primaries and give the G the boot.

Reactions: JEL
I have said for some time that I would vote for anybody who would get FWP under control. I'm supporting Tim Fox as Gianforte has proven he does what his rich friends tell him to do without reference to science or private ownership.

That simply put would be a disaster.

I couldn’t get all of the conversation on the screen but you get the gist of it. The rest is posted on Jon Knokey’s Facebook if you want to read it all.

The Montana GOP would improve drastically if the Kerry White types took up a hobby other than being insufferable, sniveling turds. Guys like him are the reason decent people hold their noses and vote for Democrats 😉
The Montana GOP would be wise to take your post to heart.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back