Montana or Wyoming General Elk

Help me decide. Montana general or Wyoming general elk? Let's assume 100% draw in 2024.

• Montana

• Wyoming

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's easy. Montana. You can damn near hunt them year round. :p

Wyoming no doubt: less hunters, less pressured elk, better trophy quality, higher success rate, still plenty of public land, and point creep is getting worse better to burn sooner than later. You can realistically hunt Montana general every 2 years, Wyoming general is looking like 5 years and climbing.

Colorado for non-resident hunt!! Over-the-Counter (OTC) bull tag for 2nd or 3rd season for any one. Just purchase the tag before the season and enjoy the adventure and the experience. And, a small chance of a shot opportunity. Doing this, you can hunt in 2024 almost anywhere in CO and not worry about a low % draw or the point creep.

Just buy a unit wide$$$ tag and go.

I have a feeling you were kidding, but you did actually give great advice- also applies to Colorado, Utah and others.

Watching the Montana and Wyoming residents on this site getting cozier and cozier with MOGA and WYOGA recently in exchange for getting what they want, there may be even more opportunities to go this route in the near future.

Last edited:
I have a feeling you were kidding, but you did actually give great advice- also applies to Colorado, Utah and others.

Watching the Montana and Wyoming residents get cozier and cozier with MOGA and WYOGA recently, there may be even more opportunities to go this route in the near future.
Don't bet on it. mtmuley

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back