Montana HD 455 - Beartooth WMA

elkocd, I hear you about the extra hassle involved. This area got me thinking about using a bike when I had the deer tag but I haven’t pulled the trigger. I was in good shape but the long hikes every day were taking their toll. They sucked physically, but the time penalty was probably the worst for me. This year I’m getting another shot at it so the bike decision will most likely be made within the next week or two so I can try to get into bike shape before Nov. It’s probably going to be a Salsa Rangefinder 29 with 2.6” Maxxis Rekons.

elkocd, I hear you about the extra hassle involved. This area got me thinking about using a bike when I had the deer tag but I haven’t pulled the trigger. I was in good shape but the long hikes every day were taking their toll. They sucked physically, but the time penalty was probably the worst for me. This year I’m getting another shot at it so the bike decision will most likely be made within the next week or two so I can try to get into bike shape before Nov. It’s probably going to be a Salsa Rangefinder 29 with 2.6” Maxxis Rekons.

I have a bunch of mt bikes, but just for hunting I really like the fat bikes now. The one in the 1st pic I posted is what I use for hunting now. It has 4.8" tires and is a hard tail and hard fork. You get plenty of suspension from the tires for hunting purposes and pulls a trailer better than a bike with rear suspension. I also have a motor and battery for it I can swap out if I'm in a E Bike friendly area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back