Wyoming 15 Elk PP's

In your situation I'd probably share the points with one or both of my boys and do an outfitted hunt on general tags or some other 5-7 point unit. If you're worried about your ticker hunting off of horseback or a ranch truck seems like a good idea.

In your situation I'd probably share the points with one or both of my boys and do an outfitted hunt on general tags or some other 5-7 point unit. If you're worried about your ticker hunting off of horseback or a ranch truck seems like a good idea.
I'll discuss this with them. Thanks.

Yes, he said he wasn’t willing to go guided but he should strongly consider it. Some phenomenal bulls on private in easy terrain that require a guide.
West and south this year 5 might be borderline enough for general but east will be plenty i am guessing. Beneficial topography and plenty of outfitters will take you $ for access.

West and south this year 5 might be borderline enough for general but east will be plenty i am guessing. Beneficial topography and plenty of outfitters will take you $ for access.
Any idea of access fees in the area? Thank you.

I'll send you a PM on a different unit I've been in for antelope.

I would go with your initial thoughts and stick with 100.
Thanks for the reply. I'm kinda confused now with NR tags going by region. I see the west region doesn't have 100 listed in their breakdown. I'm going to call out tomorrow and ask if I draw the west region can I hunt unit 100. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the reply. I'm kinda confused now with NR tags going by region. I see the west region doesn't have 100 listed in their breakdown. I'm going to call out tomorrow and ask if I draw the west region can I hunt unit 100. Thanks again for the help.
Unit 100 is not a general tag.

You might talk to some of the ranchers in what ever area you pick and explain to them your health concerns and you got 2 guys to help and they won't be hunting. Some ranchers might let you in with no change ( trespassing fee) and tell you where they have seen Elk there are some good guys left out here that don't always have $$ in their vision. Good luck with your hunt hope you get that trophy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back