Mono metal bullets….a multi year study

Great article. I’ve never reloaded so was unfamiliar with what a meplat is. This wiki article seems counterintuitive in that I don’t get how a meplat could ever enhance aerodynamics in terms of reducing drag? I could see improving groupings I guess. Experiments would’ve born this out regardless of my intuition I realize.

IMG_1482.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Great article. I’ve never reloaded so was unfamiliar with what a meplat is. This wiki article seems counterintuitive in that I don’t get how a meplat could ever enhance aerodynamics in terms of reducing drag? I could see improving groupings I guess. Experiments would’ve born this out regardless of my intuition I realize.

View attachment 319414
In very simple terms…. It’s the flat portion or face of the bullet.

Extreme accuracy rifle shooters often uniform the flat.

As it applies to the article we are using it in a more broad term referencing the face of the bullet related to energy transfer.

The goal was to write the article in the most simple terms possible so everyone can grab some info.

Even tho it’s handgun related the way the bullets take game is the same for rifles.

Great article! Thanks for the lead on the CE bullets - I’m going to order some up and give them a whirl!

A lot of information to digest. Thank you for taking the time and money to do such a study. It's an eye opener for sure. Time to rethink what I'm loading for sure.

A lot of information to digest. Thank you for taking the time and money to do such a study. It's an eye opener for sure. Time to rethink what I'm loading for sure.
It was expensive…..but the only way to do it right was to do it without sponsors. Anything else would have been some paid for article.

Going to stick this here. This was the final test hunt that wrapped this up. It really all goes together.

I had so many questions coming in I had to get this up…for every 1 asking questions there are 10 that want to.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back