MOGA, RMEF, and Randy Newberg

It is good to hear that RMEF is standing up for the unguided majority of hunters and not bowing to this threat by MOGA. I just took my WY bighorn sheep application money for this next week and upgraded my RMEF membership to Life.

I am with you Terry, upgrading my membership to Life also! I sent an email to the BOD members listed to make sure that they know about it!

I am glad to see the number of Hunttalker's signing up, and upgrading their RMEF memberships. Action speaks louder than words!

Thanks Randy keep up the good work.
Support headed to RMEF as well as PLWA.

First off Randy, I'm sorry you have to go through this kind of thing, but sometimes that's the price one pays for standing up for what is right, which you have been doing for a long time. Secondly, you have my full support as does RMEF for standing tall during this mess.

Having my hands full just dealing with the issues in Utah where blue collar hunters have been pushed around far too long by those who would benefit from their decline and lack of representation, it's been frustrating to be limited to phone calls and emails to those in Montana who make a difference in the direction our hunting heritage is headed. But I will continue to do what I can, every time I can when these issues come to bare.

It's been my life long dream and ambition to retire in the great state of Montana, and it is finally coming to fruition this spring. Frankly, I can't wait to physically join the fray in fighting for public access, the blue collar hunters, and the conservation of our wildlife and their habitat. It will definitely be an honor to stand at the side of folks like yourself and the many others who have stood up to fight the good fight, as represented on these boards and in the halls of politics.

Keep on keepin' on!

I don't know Randy, never met him. From what I have seen on TV, a few articles & interviews, I can't imagine too many other sportsman I'd rather have representing fellow sportsman than him. For MOGA to be against his nomination speaks volumes to me, I guess no big secret as to what they are really looking out for. As with many others, my RMEF renewal will be hitting the mail sooner than later with a follow up phone call to RMEFas to why.

Good luck Randy

MOGA is not against Randy's appointment. I took the time today and called Mac Minard...the letter if read in context merely states that some outfitters had contacted the MOGA office and voiced their concerns over the appointment. It was not a rally cry...if it was I certainly missed it...but perhaps I am not as bright, or perhaps not as alarmist.

Funny thing about supporting RMEF...there were a lot of folks who swore "never again" would they send a check in support of RMEF....but that was when RMEF came out in opposition to 161... politics truely do make for strange bedfellows.

"Montana based Outfitters, many of whom provide significant donations to RMEF that sustain the organization, are questioning the wisdom in this appointment. They have indicated they may withdraw donations to RMEF if the appointment goes through".

That is not opposition or a threat?

How can it also not be threat when they contacted other state associations?

And provide contact information for RMEF big wigs to MOGA members to voice their opposition to the appointment?

Looks to me like the spin doctors are working overtime after their whisper campaign against Randy garnered more negative attention than they anticipated.

"It was not a rally cry...if it was I certainly missed it...but perhaps I am not as bright, or perhaps not as alarmist."

"Montana based Outfitters, many of whom provide significant donations to RMEF that sustain the organization, are questioning the wisdom in this appointment. They have indicated they may withdraw donations to RMEF if the appointment goes through".

thank you for your honesty.

MOGA is not against Randy's appointment. I took the time today and called Mac Minard...the letter if read in context merely states that some outfitters had contacted the MOGA office and voiced their concerns over the appointment. It was not a rally cry...if it was I certainly missed it...but perhaps I am not as bright, or perhaps not as alarmist.

I guess that the WYOGA was wrong to think that it was a rallying cry, too. :rolleyes:

Hi! Below is an email I received from MOGA. This email is extremely important and needs your attention. This is in regards to the possible appointment of Randy Newberg to the Board of RMEF. I have been asked by Sy and Terry to forward this to you along with other WYOGA members who are also heavily involved with RMEF. The email explains in detail why he should not be appointed and also who to contact with your comments.

Let's see. Letter is sent from organization to all members as a mass distribution. (It was also forwarded to WYGOA to rally their association). Included contact info to RMEF points of contact and signed by the executive director of the MOGO.

Yes you did miss it. If this wasn't/isn't a rally cry, describe to me how the above description is not a rally cry. Perhaps I am not that bright.

If you put lipstick on a pig,,,,,,,,,,, you still have a pig. Put the lipstick tube away Eric. This letter is a pig, no matter how I look at it.

Holy cr@p! I take too long to type. OYOA guys sure picked up on the non rally cry.:hump:

back-ped·al/ˈbækˌpɛdl/ Show Spelled [bak-ped-l] Show IPA
verb (used without object), back-ped·aled, back-ped·al·ing or ( especially British ) back-ped·alled, back-ped·al·ling.
1. to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
2. to retreat from or reverse one's previous stand on any matter; shift ground: to back-pedal after severe criticism.
3. Boxing. to retreat from an opponent, especially by stepping rapidly backward.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back