Yeti GOBOX Collection

Matt Rinella knocking it outta the park

The “pro team” from a meateater owned company. I’ve interacted with multiple people on this list enough to know they aren’t in it to help hunting and the outdoors; it’s about views, money and exploitation for them. I watched one person on the team get told the exact method to become a “pro” even though they were truly inexperienced in the outdoors. Guess it worked

There's things I like about his message, but the way he goes about some things really seems increasingly petty and unserious.
It takes a lot of time and effort to craft a consistent "adult" tone and message; we're not all as gifted as you.

He's going this on the side, so I can imagine he's more of the, "You know what..." and props up his cell and hits record.

It takes a lot of time and effort to craft a consistent "adult" tone and message; we're not all as gifted as you.

He's going this on the side, so I can imagine he's more of the, "You know what..." and props up his cell and hits record.

I disagree with this. The world is plum full of folks doing stuff on the side like adults - even ones who are wacky as hell in their personal life.

What I would concede and question, is whether or not it matters to most folks. From my own observations, the world increasingly doesn't particularly value grown-ups in the room.

I disagree with this. The world is plum full of folks doing stuff on the side like adults - even ones who are wacky as hell in their personal life.
Matt clearly isn't what everyone thinks or wants him to be, but he's also clearly a genuine person who is really the first person to push back on an entire industry that we all feed. I don't fault him for what he's not, but appreciate him for what he is and what he's trying to do.

i've deleted instagram from my life. it's permanently gone.

i get these subtle little smiles on my face when i think about how i don't have to hear any of matt's petty diatribe ever again unless i go searching for it, which i'll never do.

likewise, never having to see or hear cam hanes narcissistic childish bullshit ever again puts just as much smile on my face.

MT TWS had matt as a guest. Was anyone there and did they really agree with him?
My take, but probably not well thought out.

This year’s theme was “Cultivating Respect for Nature Without Destroying What We Seek”. Great topic and diverse, interesting panel.

Matt was able to get his talking points out during his opening and did well with his prepared remarks and I think it was thought provoking for those in attendance that were not aware of his philosophy. While I do agree with many of Matt’s points, I do believe he hurts his cause when he goes off on a self-righteous rants which frequently go down rabbit holes that leave me scratching my head and thinking “what the fugg is he talking about and how did we get here”? Reminds of someone else, but it works better for him.

I think it was brought up earlier in this thread about the OnX rant. It was initiated, by a written question from the audience. I don’t recall if it was specifically a question to Matt or to the panel. I don’t know if the question came from someone that was attempting to stir the pot (or planted) with Matt or genuine. I did think it was an opportunity to have a short discussion on the pluses/minuses of the application, but Matt wasted no time hammering on OnX (conference sponsor) owners about buying inaccessible lands for there own hunting. I have no idea if this is true or not, but it led to a two-minute rant.

Matt is obviously a very educated man, but he does lack communication skills and comes off rather arrogant at times IMO. The “gatekeeper” moment was a great point and I believe resonated with the audience. It was a little uncomfortable for a couple minutes, but thought provoking.

Like Matt, I question that first R in R3, but don’t know where to draw the line to help those that want to become involved and going out of the way to find them.

Blah, blah….the entire panel was a joy to listen to and I appreciated the discussion they shared.

The Montana TWS talk Matt gave is on the hunt quietly YouTube.

FYI to everyone, Matt isn’t on the instagram account and these post are made by one of a few different contributors. Matt didn’t make that video nor wrote the caption. Nothing HQ does or says will be perfect. I agree the delivery of the recent video wasn’t HQ best.

Back