Long Covid?

MTGunner

Has anyone on this forum experienced long covid. I believe I am one. Tested positive April 9. Have been to the walk in clinic three times. Keep getting same answer after being put on paxlovid. You should get better soon. Had to go to the emergency room Friday due to coughing so much I could not catch my breath. Same answer. You should be on the mend. NOPE! Still coughing up nasty phlegm and coughing fits are truly painful. So, if anyone can offer some help I’d appreciate anything. MTG

The mind is a terrible thing to waste. Tell yourself I’m getting better, not im getting worse. I’ll be okay. Not: this shit is killing me.

I also believe exercise is the best medicine… take it slow and work it out. Good luck MTG hope you see the end of the yucky….

Sustained coughing can really hurt!

If it were me, I’d be taking guaifenisen (the original Robitusin) but better known as muccinex today. It makes your secretory cells produce more serous components compared to thick mucous. By thinning the consistency of your respiratory tract secretions, it might allow for better transport out of lungs, sinuses etc.

Getting up and moving within your lung capacity, thin those secretions and get that d#$= glue outta your lungs.

Run a humidifier 24/7. If you're hacking up green, get an antibiotic and a steroid shot. Otherwise quit monkeying with your immune system. Let your body do it's thing.

Has anyone on this forum experienced long covid. I believe I am one. Tested positive April 9. Have been to the walk in clinic three times. Keep getting same answer after being put on paxlovid. You should get better soon. Had to go to the emergency room Friday due to coughing so much I could not catch my breath. Same answer. You should be on the mend. NOPE! Still coughing up nasty phlegm and coughing fits are truly painful. So, if anyone can offer some help I’d appreciate anything. MTG
NW Montana ... are you from Libby or somehow subjected to the asbestos?

Try a different doctor. My step mother had that, for months. Turned out to be a cyst in her lungs

If you're coughing that bad, ask for prescription strength cough syrup.

When I had pneumonia I coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my abdomin. Prescription cough syrup with codine was the only thing to finally stop it.

I'll second the musinex as well, but make sure you get it from behind the counter with Sudafed. The other otc option has been shown to have zero effect on people

give it more time. it's not even been a month right?

i'm a young healthy individual and it took me a long time for my lungs to feel like they got back to normal. several months honestly. and it'll just hit some people different.

long covid is when you're talking about being run down and lethargic like 6+ months out still.

If you're coughing that bad, ask for prescription strength cough syrup.

When I had pneumonia I coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my abdomin. Prescription cough syrup with codine was the only thing to finally stop it.

I'll second the musinex as well, but make sure you get it from behind the counter with Sudafed. The other otc option has been shown to have zero effect on people
I am taking prescription coding cough syrup. I don’t like to take these sort of drugs as I am opposed to such. But, thus far has not helped even doing them. MTG

give it more time. it's not even been a month right?

i'm a young healthy individual and it took me a long time for my lungs to feel like they got back to normal. several months honestly. and it'll just hit some people different.

long covid is when you're talking about being run down and lethargic like 6+ months out still.
I start my 5th week Tuesday. MTG

I'm not a doctor, but I had covid this past January. The last thing to clear out was the phlegm from the lungs. I felt pretty rough for a few days, took one round of treatment of plaxlovid. I was on the mend, but not over it when I took the last of the plaxlovid.

Even after I felt pretty good, there was close to two weeks of clearing out all of the phlegm.

Good luck, I hope you start feeling better soon.

With hope this will pass.
BTW, this is my 20th year of applying for BH sheep. My fear NOW is that I will draw and not have the energy, at 77 years old, to hunt an animal I have dreamed of for so many yrs. Yes, many have applied longer….and I hope all that do so one day draw their tags. Mine, this is the final year to apply.
Heck, I gotta get over this malady first just so I can hunt my old lab for grouse. Thanks all for the support. MTG

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 16
Had mine over 2 years ago. Slammed pretty hard for about a week with fever and stomach stuff, but the lung congestion alarmed me the most. Back then my doc rubber stamped anything I asked for since they didn't allow office visits....prednisone was the difference maker for clearing my lungs.

Never took paxlo. Tylenol, Robitussin, and anti-diarrheal otc's were it.

After the first week I was better but all I wanted to do was sleep. made myself get up an on the stationary bike...back to work after the prescribed 10 day quarantine.

Heed your pulse oximeter

With hope this will pass.
BTW, this is my 20th year of applying for BH sheep. My fear NOW is that I will draw and not have the energy, at 77 years old, to hunt an animal I have dreamed of for so many yrs. Yes, many have applied longer….and I hope all that do so one day draw their tags. Mine, this is the final year to apply.
Heck, I gotta get over this malady first just so I can hunt my old lab for grouse. Thanks all for the support. MTG

You have company in regards of hoping to draw a ram tag, while still being able to do the tag justice. I turn 73 later this month, and put in once again for a tag. The realization that the tag may well elude me is taking hold. Some of the reason I head to the gym so regularly is to be able to keep trying to draw that tag.

If you do draw this year, I'm certain that there are guys on this board who would help, good luck.

@MTGunner I agree with @kansasdad on the mucinex repeatedly until it goes away.

The other thing that my family has done and ours has been very minimal. I have kept this screen shot below and shared all across the country with friends and such.

View attachment 325348
Not the first time I've heard of this. I just haven't had a chance to try it yet!

A close friend felt great after trying it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back