PEAX Equipment

Little things that bother you. OCD or poor design?

I designed and built this seed spreader a few years back and my "opener lever stand" is offset. I look at it every single time I use it and wish I had done it differently. Also, been threatening to fix it but it functions good the way it is.

IMG_7176.JPG

View attachment 264859

The open gable with the center post makes me twitch. I think if it was sheeted in I'd be fine with it.

What design flaws trigger you?
Get rid of the gable center post. Close that in and use shingle siding. Replace the gable post with Arts & Crafts Bugalow style gable knee braces. Add a second post to front porch half way between the existing one and end of porch. Make things symmetrical.

Get rid of the gable center post. Close that in and use shingle siding. Replace the gable post with Arts & Crafts Bugalow style gable knee braces. Add a second post to front porch half way between the existing one and end of porch. Make things symmetrical.
You must be a contractor with the luxury of spending people's money! Just kidding around!

How about center the center post and make the steps wider and call it a day and tell the homeowner that it would be 20X cheaper and faster to do it that way....lol

Oh, and just throw up some painted rough cut on the ceiling and maybe a can light or 2.

You must be a contractor with the luxury of spending people's money! Just kidding around!

How about center the center post and make the steps wider and call it a day and tell the homeowner that it would be 20X cheaper and faster to do it that way....lol

Oh, and just throw up some painted rough cut on the ceiling and maybe a can light or 2.
Great minds think alike
1676487120224.png
1676487154290.png
1676487208340.png

The front of my house drives me freaking nuts!! It's for sale if you wanna buy it.

View attachment 264894

That’s a super easy fix. Knock out all the support posts except the ends and then your eye won’t catch that the door isn’t centered. Also, the sagging porch roof line would take attention from the door.

Follow me on Instagram for more helpful construction hacks.

That’s a super easy fix. Knock out all the support posts except the ends and then your eye won’t catch that the door isn’t centered. Also, the sagging porch roof line would take attention from the door.

Follow me on Instagram for more helpful construction hacks.
You didn't have to add insult to injury with the sagging roof line...I see that to!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back