Kara's First Bull

MHMT

Despite the opening day mayhem, my girlfriend and I spotted one lone bull opening morning and watched it disappear into a small patch of trees. We made our way over and sat in some rocks above the trees in the evening. Somehow the bull actually read the script and walked out right before dark, where we hoped he would, 150 yards away. It took a few shots but Kara managed to get her first bull elk.

Even though the story sounds like it was easy, she definitely earned this bull. We hunted hard through archery season and had some really close calls but never sealed the deal. It was nice to get out the rifle and finally get some redemption on the elk.

Also had some great help packing. Our friend showed up and grabbed over half of the elk in one load and and took off down the hill. Wish I got a picture, it was pretty ridiculous, he was bear hugging a front shoulder while carrying the rest in his pack. When we caught up a half mile later I traded him and made it about 100 yards before I decided my body wasn't meant to carry that much weight. Luckily another couple of friends showed up took the extra weight the rest of the way out.

MAH_3424_zps9ruw2hwm.jpg

MAH_3460_zpshunnpwxn.jpg

Awesome bull, Congrats to Kara!

Good to see you'll be well fed this winter because of her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back