Judge Molloy replaced by Dana Christensen

mightyhunter

On December 5th, Dana Christensen, an attorney from from Kalispell, Montana, was confirmed by unanimous consent by the U.S. Senate to succeed Judge Donald Molloy as a Federal District Court Judge in Montana. He was nominated by Senator Max Baucus. In the era of political gridlock, it may be a point in his favor that his appointment was unanimous.

As a point of reference, this is the same guy who vetted Melodee Hanes when Max Baucus sought her appointment as U.S. attorney for Montana. Christensen claimed he found no problem with her appointment after a thorough vetting process. At a later date, Dana Christensen claimed he wasn't aware that Max Baucus and Melodee Hanes were lovers when he vetted her nomination. This fact suggests that he is not very astute as a finder of fact, but I guess everyone is entitled to make a mistake. Right?

The REAL QUESTION will be whether the new judge is another Molloy, Molloy light or his own man. Only time will tell. It will be interesting to see if the animal rights eco-elite groups seek him out to hear cases in the next rounds of ESA litigation over grizzly bears and perhaps any future wolf litigation. I will be very interested in how he rules in the next years on issues involving the ESA and the environment.

Does anyone have any other information on this new Federal District Court Judge for Montana?
I am sure that a few regulars on these forums will jump in with their opinions on the subject.

Thanks for the report. I hadn't heard this yet. Something to look into for sure. But I don't know how it could be any worse than Molloy!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back