Caribou Gear

Idaho Unit 41 Question

MandM2012

Looking for some info on Unit 41 in Idaho. My buddy has the tag and were looking to leave on Monday, the 17th. Wanted to get out earlier but gotta pay the bills somehow. How's the rut going and any info on potential areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not looking for a specific area, nothing like that. Just a general area where the deer may be. Also, have heard that heavy snow will push them up from Nevada so it'd be best to hunt the Southern part of the unit. Is this true. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I have seen some absolute monsters on years we got 6" plus of snow in Nevada. I've also been over there in years where there wasn't snow, and the border area wasn't holding much. I don't think there has been enough snow to move them into Idaho, based on nearby snotel data. Checking out the Riddle area wouldn't be bad, since it's off the Highway, but I don't know if I would venture over to the Bruneau. Might hit some of the "traditional" areas in the northern part of the unit. I'm not an expert on this unit, but if I had the tag this year, that's what I would be doing.

If the area is getting as much snow as we have in Boise (8") access is going to be a real issue.
The deer in that unit migrate north into the rolling country north and east of Grasmere. Some nice bucks in that country.

Thanks for the intel guys. Headed out tomorrow morning. Local biologist over there said that deer are starting to migrate up from Nevada. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back