Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho Middle Fork Tag 20a, 26 & 27 (Help)

The hunt was a bust, incredible country, beautiful and void of wildlife. Definitely wasn't what we were expecting, we did end up killing a small 3 point buck on the trip and saw a pile of wolves. We actually had wolves at least 8 wolves in a pack come into the meadow we were camped in less than 100 yards from the tent at about 10 pm. We had a howler and messed with them for almost 30 minutes before they took off, we actually saw or heard wolves every day of the week-long trip. We did see elk but they were in a nasty spot and it would have taken about 7 miles of hiking just to get to them and 7 miles in the church is no small task. I would probably do the hunt again but it would be a backpack hunt planning to camp where we ended up, we took a wall tent and to have to hike back out to camp each night and a different direction every day looking for animals was not the most productive way to hunt.

A lot of the trial systems are unpassable after some of the old burns as well so we couldn't get to a few of the areas we wanted to. It was definitely something to experience, makes a person feel really small in this world being in country like that. I would recommend anyone that ends up going there get a couple of wolf tags for sure. If I go back it will most likely be to hunt wolves.

I will be droped off there in June this yr for 10 days with a pocket full of predator tags.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back