Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho hot spots for elk

I thought this might be a ChatGPT response but I was wrong.

Here is ChatGPT's response to "Idaho hot spots for elk".

Idaho is well-known for its abundant elk population, making it a popular destination for elk hunting. Elk can be found throughout the state, but some areas are considered hot spots due to higher elk concentrations and successful hunting opportunities. Keep in mind that the availability of elk can vary based on factors like weather, migration patterns, and hunting pressure. Here are some notable areas in Idaho for elk hunting:
  1. Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness: This is a vast and rugged wilderness area in north-central Idaho, known for its pristine landscapes and abundant elk population. Access can be challenging, but it offers a true backcountry hunting experience.
  2. Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness: Another expansive wilderness area, this region provides opportunities for both archery and rifle elk hunting. It's one of the largest wilderness areas in the contiguous United States and offers a remote and challenging hunting experience.
  3. Clearwater National Forest: Located in north-central Idaho, the Clearwater National Forest is known for its diverse terrain and good elk numbers. The forest provides a mix of timbered areas and open meadows, providing various hunting opportunities.
  4. Middle Fork Zone: This area, located near the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, is known for its healthy elk population. It offers a combination of wilderness and road-accessible hunting areas.
  5. Sawtooth Zone: The Sawtooth Zone in central Idaho is characterized by rugged mountains and high plateaus. This area provides a mix of forested and open habitats, making it suitable for elk hunting.
  6. Panhandle Region: The northernmost part of Idaho, including areas like the St. Joe National Forest and Kaniksu National Forest, provides good elk hunting opportunities. Terrain can range from dense forests to more open areas.
Before planning any hunting trip, it's essential to check current regulations, licensing requirements, and season dates with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Additionally, consider reaching out to local wildlife offices or experienced hunters for the latest information on elk movements and the best hunting spots.

Idaho contains a hot spot for elk hunters, ... and there is a reason for this. The geological and hydrological make up of units 66, 66A and 76 draw elk like a magnet. When Palisades Reservoir is full, the underground water feeds several natural spring hotspots throughout the mountain ranges in southern unit 66, throughout unit 66A, and northern unit 76. The underground water flow continues out to unit 69 surfacing as natural springs along the way. Elk, especially bull elk, love these spots because they are hidden back away from the public. We can look at examples like unit 66: map grids 10,11,14 and 15; Unit 66A: from road 087 down to the Monte Cristo Mind; unit 66A: map grids 31,6,5, 23, 25,26 and 36; Unit 66: Poker Peak area; unit 76: Diamond Flat. When these series of natural springs are flowing, they are a gold mine for pressured elk.

Someone's sugar must be low.

I thought this might be a ChatGPT response but I was wrong.

Here is ChatGPT's response to "Idaho hot spots for elk".

Idaho is well-known for its abundant elk population, making it a popular destination for elk hunting. Elk can be found throughout the state, but some areas are considered hot spots due to higher elk concentrations and successful hunting opportunities. Keep in mind that the availability of elk can vary based on factors like weather, migration patterns, and hunting pressure. Here are some notable areas in Idaho for elk hunting:
  1. Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness: This is a vast and rugged wilderness area in north-central Idaho, known for its pristine landscapes and abundant elk population. Access can be challenging, but it offers a true backcountry hunting experience.
  2. Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness: Another expansive wilderness area, this region provides opportunities for both archery and rifle elk hunting. It's one of the largest wilderness areas in the contiguous United States and offers a remote and challenging hunting experience.
  3. Clearwater National Forest: Located in north-central Idaho, the Clearwater National Forest is known for its diverse terrain and good elk numbers. The forest provides a mix of timbered areas and open meadows, providing various hunting opportunities.
  4. Middle Fork Zone: This area, located near the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, is known for its healthy elk population. It offers a combination of wilderness and road-accessible hunting areas.
  5. Sawtooth Zone: The Sawtooth Zone in central Idaho is characterized by rugged mountains and high plateaus. This area provides a mix of forested and open habitats, making it suitable for elk hunting.
  6. Panhandle Region: The northernmost part of Idaho, including areas like the St. Joe National Forest and Kaniksu National Forest, provides good elk hunting opportunities. Terrain can range from dense forests to more open areas.
Before planning any hunting trip, it's essential to check current regulations, licensing requirements, and season dates with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Additionally, consider reaching out to local wildlife offices or experienced hunters for the latest information on elk movements and the best hunting spots.
Chat GPT clearly hasn’t been elk hunting in Idaho lately

Clearly this is an attempt to get people away from where you hunt in these units...that and your kindergarten teacher just didn't put enough stickers on your worksheets when you were five years old.

There is plenty of water all over these three units, so this post is silly anyways.

So all those little blue raindrops on OnX actually mean something??

Don't get too upset...there won't be that many tags drawn for those few units anyway. The low land is all private and you have to be a certain religion to get permission to hunt. Believe me I wrote about 35 letters to these private landowners and received one favorable place to hunt but it was only 127 acres.

Don't get too upset...there won't be that many tags drawn for those few units anyway. The low land is all private and you have to be a certain religion to get permission to hunt. Believe me I wrote about 35 letters to these private landowners and received one favorable place to hunt but it was only 127 acres.
You might want to try another tactic besides writing letters like C.S. Lewis.

Unless you're hunting the late cow tag in these units, there is no need to get permission from landowners, the majority of all of these units are public land.

My father got us access to a few thousand acres of private land for antelope drinking whiskey at a bar before dinner. He told me he met a guy and we had to meet him at X at sunrise. I had my doubts but the guy was waiting for us in the morning.
Good for you!! Guess I was drinking the wrong kind of whiskey! How was your hunt?

What in the world.

We need a paywall. Just like $3 a year or something like that.
Totally agree!

$1 a month paid monthly or $10 for the year. Let's say 50% stay on, that 17k users, lets say half do the monthly, have the upfront, $187,000 to the site per year. And we get rid of dumb ass s%^& like this.

also locks out the threads from search. BUT that may be a key selling point to his sponsors, so that may be why we haven't had a pay wall

Back