Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Archery Antelope--best yet

thegamegtr

Got tired of sitting in the antelope blind after a whopping 13 hours. Blinds are great when the antelope are coming in, but when all I see is sagebrush for 13 hours my ADHD kicks in! I decided to "be the decoy" for a day. Holy Crap--if it works like this every year, it should be illegal. Spotted this buck from a ways off. After he fed over a hill, I hustled over and looked down into the basin that he had walked into. He was staring at me from 120 yards. Next thing you know, he was coming in to whoop my tail. I got down and nocked an arrow. In no time at all, he was checking me out from 25 yards. Next thing you know, I am looking at my best goat ever! 15" length, 6"cutters and 6" bases. He scores (I am not a pro) 76 5/8"! Can't wait to try it out again next year! I may never sit in a blind again.

Attachments

• Antelope broadside.jpg
    Antelope broadside.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCF4949.jpg
    DSCF4949.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 310
Congrats on a good buck. Don't know if I could sit in a blind that long.

That is one heck of a Buck! Congrats! You gotta give me your secret on using the "Be the Decoy" 72 yards was all I could get in NM this year.

Congrats on a great buck. BTD doesn't work 100% of the time, but it works more often than anything else I have tried. And when it works, it works like nothing else.

That is one heck of a Buck! Congrats! You gotta give me your secret on using the "Be the Decoy" 72 yards was all I could get in NM this year.

Like I told my wife when I left, "I need to find a big dumb one for this to work." I think everything was just right. He was in the right mood, the wind was right, the fact that I was partially concealed on the bluff above ect. or I just happened to find a big dumb one!:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back