Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

I had a fire

DaveHawk

I had a major loss Saturday

There was an electrical fire in my shop Saturday afternoon. A lot of damage. It will take a couple months to get back to a working shop. All the electrical wiring needs replacing. Good thing I have great ins.*I am exsulted, Jarrod was a real wonder Saturday he did so much after all the fire personal left. Getting thing that needed to be saved sorted out of the mess. I've never had a major loss and i at a loss for words at how i feel. But this to shall pass.*
my good friend and lawyer has taken over dealing with the three insurance companies. I thinking of moving my shop which is 1600sf to a shop across the street that is 2500 sf.
It's for sure a trying and exsultating experience.

We had a barn burn down 4 years ago last Jan. Insurance was good to me and paid what equipment was wirth/insured for. Problem is you don't replace a 20 yr old tractor with another one you upgrade which costs money. In the end, looking back, we took it as an opportunity and really did upgrade important stuffand ddidn't replace some others. Take a couple days to regroup and then go at it pretty hard. You won't have.time to think of the setback when you are organizing and selecting equipment for your new shop. The new equipment sure did bring me out of a slump, I hope it will make you feel better too.

Thoughts and prayer to you. Good luck.

Sorry for your loss, Dave.
Praying for a quick and painless rebound.
One door has closed, but another has opened......

Sorry for that Dave, hope everything turns out ok. You should have some turkey therapy soon to help you get rid of some stress!

From the Disney movie, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".......(song lyrics) ......from the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success. Here's to a fast recovery.

Dave, I'm just a few weeks shy of my 2 year anniversary of our house fire and we are still not back in our house. It is a long and challenging road, but we're almost done. We have been fighting the "two headed" monster of State Farm and Santa Clara County.

my good friend and lawyer has taken over dealing with the three insurance companies

The best thing we did was hire someone to handle our claim. Just navigating the administrative BS from the insurance companies is ridiculous. It's awesome that you have someone on your side that is going to hold them to task. I could go on for hours, but our latest challenge is one of my favorites. Our insurance company stopped paying for our temporary housing because they "thought" we should be done with construction by now....which is funny, because they have yet to complete payment for the structural portion of our claim. Not sure how we're suppose to finish without money.

Keep your head up, it's a long ride, but the stubborn and determined get to end of it.

thank you all very much kind in couraging words. I will know this weekend on what course all this will take so until then I'm just waiting thank you again

thanks everyone for your encouraging words. I find out it's a good thing I got a lawyer, Landlord trying to screw me but is a lot of things working in my favor hopefully I'll be able to come back and tell you all good news

Been there done that. One piece of advice I would have after my house fire experience is to never fully trust your insurance company.

Back