Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunt Talkers on Team Elk

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This week's episode of Team Elk, over on Outdoor Channel, features two Hunt Talkers; me, and Still Kickin'. Wish I had more "heads up" on this one. I just learned it was airing this week.

Here is a YouTube clip of the preview.

http://youtu.be/46Cs2PFEgO0

Here is a link to the Team Elk show page over on OC with times and episode descriptions.

http://outdoorchannel.com/rmef-team-elk

I have yet to see even a draft of this, so I have no idea as to how it turned out. I just know that Mark shot his first bull and that was a great experience for me to be there when it happened.

IMG_3167.JPG

Randy, I watched that episode today! Fantastic. What Mark has gone thru, health wise is unthinkable. How lucky he is to be alive, and to take a great bull.,this is actually why I support the RMEF!

Holy crap that was great, I'm really impressed the way they put that together. I always figured Team Elk was Brandon Bates narrating over some dude on a ranch hunt and highlight how "hard" it was with a heavy dose of country metal music. I may have to tune in a bit more if they are going to put out this type of show. Certainly helps to have a couple of articulate hunters, illustrating so many of the great reasons to elk hunt, from the very personal, the challenge and of course the great opportunities we have on public land.

Holy crap that was great, I'm really impressed the way they put that together. I always figured Team Elk was Brandon Bates narrating over some dude on a ranch hunt and highlight how "hard" it was with a heavy dose of country metal music. I may have to tune in a bit more if they are going to put out this type of show. Certainly helps to have a couple of articulate hunters, illustrating so many of the great reasons to elk hunt, from the very personal, the challenge and of course the great opportunities we have on public land.

Haven't seen it, but you guys are not easily impressed, so happy to see the positive comments. In our show, we let the hunters see a draft. Team Elk obviously does it differently.

If you do like it and you want to see RMEF show more of this kind of hunting on Team Elk, they would want to hear your thoughts. Here is a contact link if you want to tell them your thoughts about the self-guided public land style we bring.

http://www.rmef.org/ContactUs

Just happened to watch it and was surprised to see a familiar face. Very cool for Mark to get his first bull!

Totally objective opinion.....much better episode than most Team Elk. Will use the contact info.....

I liked the youtube video , but I don't get the outdoor channel so I subscribed to the youtube videos. Will the outdoor channel videos ever be put on youtube ?

The look on Mark's face and his body language as he approaches the bull and then the minutes later as he contemplates all of the years of effort leading up to that moment..........great moment in sporting TV.

Solemn reverence and a reflection of real life awe in the moment in the face of health fragility............great moment of real life caught on camera.

DVR'd the show last night, watched it this morning. Nice DIY show, I appreciate the realness and honesty of telling the audience after Marks bull was down two other groups had elk down out of what was essentially the same herd. Growing up in Iowa I am well versed in deer drives and pheasant hunts with walkers and blockers. I understand that on some public land hunts (big game or small) that's how it is; but I hold out hope that the day my son gets his first elk or I get my first elk we are the only one's on the mountain. I know deep down that will not be reality but I hold out hope that at that moment I cannot see or hear another person. Unless of course I see Randy and he with his camera man volunteer to take cool pics and help with the pack out :)

Wow, that turned out spectacular. Whoever did the editing did a fantastic job. Loved the lack of voice overs and music. They really let the awesome footage and story take care of itself. WAY better than anything else I've seen on their program, and not just because if the hunter/host.

Great hunt guys. That's an awesome bull Mark, in some beautiful country.

Team Elk finally did a public land hunt again. Lost interest when all the shows seemed to be on private ranches in NM since that's not how the majority of the RMEF members hunt. Wish they would do more public land hunting on their show and leave the country club hunts for Lee and Tiffany.

I sent a note to the RMEF lastnight expressing my thanks and enjoyment of the show and already received a reply this morning from the VP of Marketing.

If you liked the episode and want more of it, take a few minutes to let the RMEF know, they're listening.

Thank you for your feedback James…we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the episode. I forwarded your remarks on to Randy which I am sure he will appreciate as well.

And thank you for watching. We are extremely pleased to have Randy on board with our production. His style of hunting and the way he presents it was a much needed addition to our show.

I removed the show from my DVR after the episode with Bates reviewing the game camera footage around a feeder on some ranch in New Mexico. It was one ozonics commercial away from every other crappy white tail show on the OC. I recorded and watched this new episode and enjoyed it. I used the link and provided feedback. Hopefully they take note.

I watched the show last night. A great show Randy, and the best Team Elk show in quite a while. I sent them a quick email letting them know. Keep up the good work!

Just caught it on the DVR. Best compliment I could give is..........seemed just like an episode of Fresh Tracks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back