MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hum

WildRHK

So, I've got a 16 year old that recently just started driving. I passed my old Chevy 2001 1500 4x4 down to him (much to his displeasure) he's making truck payments to the old man now. :D

Anyway, my wife was at the Verizon store the other day and she got him this Bluetooth/GPS/what ever else you call it system. Idea being that he'll be on the road a lot by himself out in the middle of NE Montana and she wanted something that the could use like On-Star if he had problems.

Anyone else familiar with this thing or have you used it?

I hooked it up a couple of days ago and we've been messing around with it...And I've got to say, I think it’s pretty cool. It has some other features that I think my wife secretly likes like tracking, and she can get a text notice if he speeds over a preset speed that we determine (nothing like big brother eh?!)

I could care a less about all that jive, but the hands free Bluetooth is good I think (might as well remove the potential distraction of using the phone for him). But the main thing I really like is that this system has a diagnostics app. I've had a check engine light on that thing for ever, and we couldn't figure out what was setting it off. So I have this thing hooked up for about 20 minutes and it texts me a diagnostic notice saying to check the Knock Sensor. So I picked one up, changed it out and fixed it...best part was that I did not have to go pay a mechanic to gig me while fixing a $65 part. :cool:

We just stumbled on this system, and I’m sure there are others out there, but in my mind, the 35 bucks we spent on it and for $8.00 per month – I think it’s worth while just for the diagnostics alone, not to mention the Bluetooth.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
68 Wiskey
Back