How to hunt 100 days a year and stay married

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
If you wonder how it came to be that I earned such a generous hunting pass and I'm still married after 34 years, here's your answer. Sorry it is this long. I cut a few parts out for the sake of brevity.

We've sat on this video for ten months. It took a while for me to find the courage to show it to Mrs. Fin and get permission, knowing the cost of forgiveness is much higher. She laughed, but I'm not sure if it was to humor me or that she has some form of payback.

If you have some spare time, hopefully this gives a laugh or two.

Gah I've got a 3 hour meeting starting in a few, I'll have to watch this over lunch!

I'm C/P my YT comment for emphasis

Randy , thank you for giving me a dose of perspective. After buying my Grandparent's house (with all of their belongings they had accumulated since 1941, minus Grandpa's Guns and the Dining room set). I got rid of most of the stuff too good to throw away they had packed in closets, drawers, garage, steel garden shed and woodshed. I was loath to accumulate ANY MORE CLUTTER. It affected me so much, I really undersized the closets and drawer space when we remodelled so there would be no place to accumulate STUFF..... The woman in my life now was given, unasked, by her sister, her late father's podium from his classroom. It sits in my garage taking up space taunting me as I try to have a functional clutter free space for the first time in my adult life. Thanks for showing me "it ain't that bad".

Great story. I especially like the part where you were calculating how much damage you would do to yourself by crashing the truck into the Virgin River.

Fondue pot! At least your family won’t have that box to deal with in the estate because you finally dealt with it now. Oh, she’s a runner alright!

Randy,
I dunno what it is, whether you are telling hilarious marriage counseling stories like this or hunt failures (hiding behind sage brush...), both my wife and I truly find a relaxation and a peace in your stories. You are good for us! So glad we discovered you a few years ago.

David and Annette
NM

If you wonder how it came to be that I earned such a generous hunting pass and I'm still married after 34 years, here's your answer. Sorry it is this long. I cut a few parts out for the sake of brevity.

We've sat on this video for ten months. It took a while for me to find the courage to show it to Mrs. Fin and get permission, knowing the cost of forgiveness is much higher. She laughed, but I'm not sure if it was to humor me or that she has some form of payback.

I'm only 22 minutes in and foresee where this is headed! I'm saving the rest for when I'm pulling graveyard at work tonight. I NEEED something to entertain me @ 3AM and I think you've just given me a gold mind!

When I'm done viewing, I'll share a tid-bit my marriage advice ( not to encroach on you's). Totally different outcome.....

Enjoyed the shop story... Reminded me of the time I rented the U-Haul to move from Billings to Portland for grad school. Only broke down twice! Starter gave out the at Columbus, & once going down the Columbia gorge when I didn't account for headwinds & ran out of gas (gas gauge didn't work). I went to high school with the mechanic that came out to replace the starter. Got the low down on the missing maint the U-Haul dealer in Billings was passing onto the next destination. No exageration on the play in the steering column, either those things were like driving a big boat!

I watched that shop story video last night. The endless U Haul drive from Montana to Vegas nightmare, but the kicker was Randy and Sweet Lou’s drive to the grocery store! Great patience learned!

Back