Caribou Gear

horses and archery???

DKO

i would like to know if anyone has done an archery hunt where you were packed in by horse back, ive done these hunts with rifle but never with my bow and im curious as to how you pack your bow and arrows so they dont get thrashed???????? i was thinking bow scabbard and possibly a pvc tube for arrows any ideas would be appreciated!!! would you advise two bows or just replacement parts?????

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8e353.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 01-12-2001).]

No advisement, DKO, just wanted to let you know I like the verse. Got my Bible out looked it up and no kidding, it was there in very similar form.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

DKO-We packed bows in on horses several times and the best way is to carry it yourself with one hand unless you have a hardcase that can be packed in on a packhorse. They will get trashed without a hardcase! They are unhandy to carry too but it can be done! Hardcases are by far the best! They make them but I dont have one yet!bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Bcat,the country we packed into would make it almost impossible to carry, it was everything i could do to keep my arse in the saddle much less hold my bow you know how horses like to seek that stable ground when in a bogg and dont really care if your on them or not! I do have a hard case i just thought it would awkward to put on a pack horse im thinking about a softside bow case and putting pipe insulation around the riser limbs and strings before i put it in the case! still expermenting with that one!! i dont like the looks of the bow scabbards since ive been looking at them!

so any ideas on this would be big help thanks in advance!!

Terry ,its my favorite verse and i know what you are saying about this being a little different than whats in your bible, i clipped this right from an on-line bible i thought i was unique because it read differently! it a mazing how many verses deal directly with hunting!

--------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 01-16-2001).]

Back