Hope I can get one

Thanks for taking us along, I sure hope the outdoor networks realize how much more these stories mean to hunters than seeing someone hunt on a completely sponsored hunt on someone's private ranch

Choc:

I wish sponsors felt the way you do. I came home to a letter from a potential sponsor telling me that my promotion of non-guided hunting without outfitters, without high fences, etc., was too divisive. That my strong promotion of non-guided hunting on accessible lands being a more difficult endeavor than most of what is on TV, will offend some and represents too great of a risk for their company.

One of those "Thanks for your time and good luck in your endeavor, blah, blah, blah......" letters.

Just makes me all that more committed to telling the story of how hunting has always unfolded for me, and according to the data, the way it unfolds for over 90% of other big game hunters. Non-guided, with a lot of struggle, and with no guarantees of a kill.

Glad you like the concept. I will soon be posting a link where all can see a sample.

You guys are studs

Randy: Had dinner with Jerry last night. He is still recovering from the hunt. Your and his stories are awesome. You guys are studs!

So sponsors want to sell stuff to morons that can see the chainlink behind the hunter or the feeder on the private bass pond? That's why I don't watch that stuff anymore. It is just tough for them to hike and hunt their butts off week in and week out to get the show in the can. Great story and glad you got your bird. My buddy watched a dozen birds for 3.5 hours fighting over hens and one of the younger ones just beat the crap out of the biggest gobbler and beat up a jake and dragged him 20 feet. That is fun stuff.

What a story and thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Those of us who actually hunt truly appreciate your efforts even if the sponsors don't. Please keep us informed as to when the shows can be seen.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back