Honda Trail 90

How is the 125 at high elevation? A CT 125 on a hitch haul could be better than an atv on a trailer.
Depends on the type of fuel delivery it has. If it has a constant velocity carburetor it can handle a wider range of altitude but you might have to lower the needle jet in order to lean out the mixture if going up near timberline or above. In a regular carb you will have to drop the needle more often to get the optimum mixture. Don't know if the new ones have FI, if so they shouldn't have any problems. Haven't looked but there might be You Tube vids on how to tweak for performance at altitude.

When I lived out there I ran 60's vintage Honda bikes from Denver elevation to 13K'+ and when they got up to places like climbing out of Leadville and over Mosquito pass they wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cat's butt if you didn't lower the needle in order to lean out the mixture.

Depends on the type of fuel delivery it has. If it has a constant velocity carburetor it can handle a wider range of altitude but you might have to lower the needle jet in order to lean out the mixture if going up near timberline or above. In a regular carb you will have to drop the needle more often to get the optimum mixture. Don't know if the new ones have FI, if so they shouldn't have any problems. Haven't looked but there might be You Tube vids on how to tweak for performance at altitude.

When I lived out there I ran 60's vintage Honda bikes from Denver elevation to 13K'+ and when they got up to places like climbing out of Leadville and over Mosquito pass they wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cat's butt if you didn't lower the needle in order to lean out the mixture.
They are fuel injected now.

I had a little suzuki fat tire trail bike as a kid, I rallied that thing all over the world.

@theat I'm impressed, did you use a sled or just strap it on or backpack? I've considered getting one and flying it into a few spots, it would be a game changer. :D

I had a Big Tire 200 Yamaha. It would climb decently but didn't like ice after too many folks packed the roads down. I think the Rokon would be the way to go with a trailer behind it. Little more spendy though.

TW200 is carbureted. Any elevation issues?

I'm having a real hard time letting go of the idea of a mini bike geared well down and adjustable carb. It's not a smart idea, but...

TW200 is carbureted. Any elevation issues?

I'm having a real hard time letting go of the idea of a mini bike geared well down and adjustable carb. It's not a smart idea, but...
I haven't had any problems with the carburetor so far. I'm usually riding between 6000-9000 ft around our place. The factory carburetor (1987) was completely gummed up and I replaced it entirely with a cheap $45 Amazon one. Runs great and I only use the choke on the first startup of the season. Had to adjust idle screw twice though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back