Holidays and in-laws

Nick87

My wife's side is here at our house for Christmas today. The sister in law...I can't even clean it up enough for HT. I'll have to wait til I cool off. Some buddies are goose hunting today I'm gonna bail and go join them. Anyhow the bad cooking thread got me thinking, let's hear the in-law stories.. @TEEPEECREEPIN FREAK! I know you got something don't hold out on us.

One sister in law is very religious. She has skeletons in her closet that she tries to keep hidden. Anyway she is always telling my wife that we need to be saved. Yeah whatever.
That's my father-in-law. But I rarely see him. If he isn't trying to save our souls, he's talking about what ails him. One day, I hadn't seen him in around two years, and I got a knock at the door. I opened it and there he was, all he said was " I've had diarrhea for the last two days" and walked on in.

My wife's side is here at our house for Christmas today. The sister in law...I can't even clean it up enough for HT. I'll have to wait til I cool off. Some buddies are goose hunting today I'm gonna bail and go join them. Anyhow the bad cooking thread got me thinking, let's hear the in-law stories.. @TEEPEECREEPIN FREAK! I know you got something don't hold out on us.
I'm pretty fortunate to be honest with my family and in laws. Spoiler alert I'm basically the cousin eddy of any family function. Sooooooo yeah....

Enjoy your family today amigo. What's the relation to your SIL?

Cheers.....
20221225_112638.jpg

We were the inlaws yesterday. My son-in-law is was and continues to be a shit wad. They have been having problems for a while and I've been keeping an open mind while counseling our daughter. She's 44 and not a kid. I'm not taking sides until yesterday. Everything she has talked about is times 10. He's abusive both verbally and mentally to her and my 2 grand kids. That shit stopped today. That guy has no idea about what's about to drop. On the good side, he made a fantastic prime rib for dinner and we won't be seeing him for any future family events.

My folks and my wife's folks were pretty good friends when they were alive. They didn't socialize together outside family gatherings but they talked frequently. I don't even remember my son-in-laws father's name nor his ex or current wife's name. My daughter has only been married for about 17 years.

l have to admit it, l kinda hit the lottery with my wife's family, l love all her sisters and her mom to death and would do anything for them, notice l didn't say anything about my father in law, he can burn as far as l'm concerned. how is it that the sweetest women marry the worst kind of nasty...

That's my father-in-law. But I rarely see him. If he isn't trying to save our souls, he's talking about what ails him. One day, I hadn't seen him in around two years, and I got a knock at the door. I opened it and there he was, all he said was " I've had diarrhea for the last two days" and walked on in.
Did you marry into the Castanza family?

l have to admit it, l kinda hit the lottery with my wife's family, l love all her sisters and her mom to death and would do anything for them, notice l didn't say anything about my father in law, he can burn as far as l'm concerned. how is it that the sweetest women marry the worst kind of nasty...
Not everyone has the finely tuned expertise your wife does.

My in-laws are exceedingly decent people. I’m very lucky in this regard.

However, we left this morning after a nine-day stay. Like every time we leave my MIL gets all weepy as we’re getting ready to leave and I’m packing up the car. It makes me feel so. damn. guilty. My wife is their only child, and my son their only grandchild, and it makes me feel like I am taking away her greatest joy away from her. I know it’s not directed at me in any way, but, man, it is heavy. We left three hours ago, and I’m sitting here at the airport still feeling it. I enjoy coming to visit, but always have to brace myself for the exit.

My wife, on the other hand, got screwed in the in-law department. Glad she’s not on HT the vent about it! 🤣

Last edited:
Nothing worse in a person than being frugal IMO. My in laws are the the most, freezing inside the house and don’t want to run the heater while we are here for just two days because it’ll cost an extra 7 dollars at the end of the month. They have money.

However, we left this morning after a nine-day stay. Like every time we leave my MIL gets all weepy as we’re getting ready to leave and I’m packing up the car. It makes me feel so. damn. guilty. My wife is their only child, and my son their only grandchild, and it makes me feel like I am taking away her greasiest joy away from her. I know it’s not directed at me in any way, but, man, it is heavy. We left three hours ago, and I’m sitting here at the airport still feeling it. I enjoy coming to visit, but always have to brace myself for the exit.

My wife, on the other hand, got screwed in the in-law department. Glad she’s not on HT the vent about it! 🤣

What’s holding them back from moving to where their only child/grandchild live?

However, we left this morning after a nine-day stay. Like every time we leave my MIL gets all weepy as we’re getting ready to leave and I’m packing up the car. It makes me feel so. damn. guilty. My wife is their only child, and my son their only grandchild, and it makes me feel like I am taking away her greasiest joy away from her. I know it’s not directed at me in any way, but, man, it is heavy. We left three hours ago, and I’m sitting here at the airport still feeling it. I enjoy coming to visit, but always have to brace myself for the exit.

Greasiest Joy!!?

Nothing worse in a person than being frugal IMO. My in laws are the the most, freezing inside the house and don’t want to run the heater while we are here for just two days because it’ll cost an extra 7 dollars at the end of the month. They have money.
Penny wise pound foolish… “OMG why did you turn the heat up!” While also having bought a bunch of new vehicles in 10 years. 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s holding them back from moving to where their only child/grandchild live?
We discussed it a few years back, but they are in their eighties. Moving at that age often goes poorly. Even if they were younger they’d be losing 50 years of what they’ve built at home. Where they live now in CA they can garden all year, and do all the other things they like to do. They are very busy bees despite their age. In Colorado, they’d be shut in all winter, and would quite literally die of boredom and lack of stimulation.

And when I say garden, it’s more like a mini farm. They have fruit trees, they grow all their own potatoes, beans, onion and garlic, plus cabbage, herbs , tomatoes, and more. Can’t really do that easily in CO, esp. not starting over at their age. They’re not sit around and watch TV sort of people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back