Higher R value pad

This looks promising for cold backpack hunts

SG Chilkoot 0F bag on the cot. No worries about the cold. I can’t stand xtherms for the crinkling noise when you move.

Also, propane heaters emit moisture.

Hear me out but a cot is a lot like a hammock you will compress whatever you have under you and the air will freeze you from below. Look Into a cheap hammock quilt or something you can use under the cot to absorb and reflect back body heat. Example below, I actually have one of these and for something so cheap it works.
IMG_2371.jpeg

Hear me out but a cot is a lot like a hammock you will compress whatever you have under you and the air will freeze you from below. Look Into a cheap hammock quilt or something you can use under the cot to absorb and reflect back body heat. Example below, I actually have one of these and for something so cheap it works.
View attachment 299673

Hammocks… what is this Pirate Talk

Car camping with cot, I fold an old military wool blanket over 3x lengthwise to cover the cot. Usually does the trick.
This is what I was going to suggest. I just drape a wool blanket over the cot or sleeping pad and found it makes a huge difference.

I do need a better pad though.

xtherm all the way, night and day difference over my old ba insulated pad, yes a little more noisy but I never hear it while I am asleep and not shivering.

I just switched to a exped deep sleep (fits in my 65l bag) from a Big agnes insulated divide. Absolutely a dream.

....so if you need another BA while you wait for another from cuatomer service, I can send you mine!

We didn't have cots or a big tent this year, we were backpacking with a floorless tent. I purchased the thermarest xtherm NXT that has a 7.3 R-value and i stayed very warm paired with a 15 degree stone glacier bag. I had absolutely no problem being right on the ground. my hunting partner had the same one, and he runs cold all the time and just loves it. Pricy but worth it.

This looks promising for cold backpack hunts

I think that tensor is going to be given a try next year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back