• Pose 1 - right turn flat back

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Pose 2 - left turn curved back

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Pose 3 - right turn flat back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

npaden

Best KUDU Taxidermy South Africa  Get KUDU Trophy Quote.jpegIMG_9043.jpegIMG_9041.png

About to drop it off at the taxidermist and struggling to decide on the form I want. Have it narrowed down to these 3 I think.

Here’s my kudu. I’m wanting to get the form that will show the stripe on his shoulder.

IMG_5873.jpeg

My kudu has a light double stripe that I think will make it on all the forms but I think the darker stripe is only going to show up on the flat back forms.

Taxidermist has final say if the cape is long enough but I think it should be.

Thanks.

I don’t really have a spot picked out. Probably going to move my lifesize mountain goat over and put the African stuff where it is. Doing a shoulder mount of my sons gemsbok/oryx and some euros.

Congrats on a great looking bull! Personally, I like the turning back. It looks like something you’d see in the field

I still need to figure out where we are going to put my sons elk he shot in Colorado this year too.

IMG_9048.jpeg
IMG_9049.jpeg

I shot that elk in 2010 and it was the largest anyone in my family had shot so I thought it might be my biggest ever and got it mounted. Now we have 2 that make it seem small so I might move it somewhere other than the living room but that doesn’t really give us enough room.

I might start going up the wall, there is a lot of room up high. Maybe move the goat up and put stuff under it.

Think I could put a smaller mount over on the wall to the right of the goat too. Maybe leave the goat where it is and put the African stuff around the fireplace.

No rook for pictures anymore.

W I’ll he fit to the left of your very nice bull, by moving your mule deer.

Unpopular opinion, but I think a kudu euro mount looks amazing... also takes up a lot less room.
We are doing a euro on my son’s smaller kudu. I like the white under the eyes, the mane, the beard, and the stripes on the kudu. Just a pretty animal. I shot a bigger sable score wise but didn’t recover it timely and don’t have a cape for it. I think the kudu is a prettier animal anyway.

Got everything back a week ago and sorting through where to put everything.

IMG_9006.jpeg
IMG_8997.jpeg
IMG_8998.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back