Heartland Whitetail

Eyeguy

Hey gang,
Its been awhile since I have posted anything so I wanted to give ya an update. Its been a busy time of year…I have had a ton going on but have still found some time to bow hunt. I got a nice Doe early for some meat but other then that it has been a little slow and unseasonably warm. I have been doing a lot of waterfowl hunting but last night I was able to get out in the bow stand. I did some grunting and a little light rattling and a nice 4 year old came in on a string. Shot him at 42 yards while he tended a scrape. My best with a bow so I am very happy! Very symmetrical 5x5 and would pry score 125-130 at most. Not a trophy….but he is to me! The icing was that he came in posturing and ready to fight! I will never forget it! Very fortunate! Thanks for listening….and thanks again for all that gave me advice on my previous elk hunting trip I had this year! Good luck and god bless!
Steve

Another photo

Finally: Photo from a few weeks back from the day he lost velvet

Last edited:
Congrats! Trophy is defined by the individual hunter not score IMHO. A fine buck to be proud of for sure.

Great buck. Congrats to you. Nice work on the doe too, they need to be eaten too!

The doe was the best eating deer I have ever had! Fantastic taste to the meat! Thanks for all the comments everyone! Hope I get to hang my other tag on a real giant but if this is my only buck of the season I will be truly blessed! ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Bornlzr
Back