Caribou Gear Tarp

guess the score (sheep)

Awesome ram but I think 195 is too high. 188-191. Doesn't look to me like it has anywhere near 16" bases. Looks can be deceiving though...

Not 16" bases he says, hmmmm....
Idaho sheep don't get Montana big says he, hmmmmm......
I must confess that while I did hold them in my hands, I did not tape them so 16" may be a stretch. My friend does have 1 ram that does have 16" bases however. I saw the horns and I'll take his word for it. I must say this though. If a 2x4 stud is 10 or 10.5 inches around then these must be very close to 16".
Suppose a young Montana ram wandered into Idaho in his youth and spent nearly a dozen years getting bigger and bigger. That is a guess because he is so large for the area (not Hell's Canyon and not recent either, more like 10/12 years ago).
Here's a teaser from his collection...

Attachments

• cent 8.jpg
    cent 8.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 308
Neeto sword.

What a collection. I'm assuming these are winter kill pickups? And if they are, I hope they are plugged by F&G.

Dang nice ram. I've got know clue when it comes to guessing size of sheep but in comparison shopping he looks like a 192 2/8" ram to me. ;)

excellent point Mr. Bone.

You are right T-Bone, A large portion of his collection (which numbers around 60) has been found in the spring/summer.
I think only 2 were hunter harvested. The original sheep was a pick-up as well but, knowing it existed and was getting older he looked for it specifically for 2 years prior to finding it.
Yes on the plugging also. When he finds a skull he photos the area and specifically how the skull was found and if it relates to the rest of the skeleton, multiple pics at each site.
Each skull has been presented to and plugged by the local authorities. If you look REALLY close you can see the plug in the OP as well. I'll help you out...
I will get with him in the next day or so and see if he minds me putting a tape on the ram. He is such a genuinely good person and definately not a fame seeker. I do think he will indulge me. Great points by the way!

Attachments

• cent 10.jpg
    cent 10.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 287
  • cent 11.jpg
    cent 11.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 286
Impressive couple shelf loads of skulls this fella has. I bet he burns more boot leather than most.

He's a walkin son-of -a-gun! That's for sure. Folks, I had to go back to work in Canada. When I get back to the house we'll throw a tape at the horns. I am very sorry for the delay. I should have had the #'s before I asked the OP.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back