MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

GPW Howa Edition

jryoung

So after kicking around a few options for 223s and 22-250s I finally made a decision. I looked at Coopers, Remington VSSF, Tikka T3s, but nothing really hit home and made me pull out a credit card. Then the obvious happened...which for me usually takes a day or so and I thought about a Howa.

Scrolling through their website they had the best of all options. A stainless steel, sporter barrel with 1-9" for sale as a barreled action only. I went to my local shop put in an order, and it was here by the end of the week and I waited my mandatory 10 days. In the meantime Stocky's had McMillian McSwirlys on sale so I figured it would be a perfect match.

I've got all the fixins for reloading save H335, but I'm ready to hit the range and do a little break in. Since I can only send so many emails thanking the sponsors of OYOA and FTs I decided to write a letter. Hopefully it gets directed to the right people, I'm grateful for their support of Randy and this was the least I could do to express my thanks.

Sensible approach and shockingly abbreviated fabrication period. Damn good looking weapon young.

That's getting it done!
Good choice.
Guessing with the 1-9" you went .223

In the meantime Stocky's had McMillian McSwirlys on sale so I figured it would be a perfect match.

I didn't even know Stocky's carried them, but I haven't been on their website in a couple of years, at least.

Sweet looking rifle! That is my idea of a varmint rifle. You only have to slog so far through the snow with a heavy traditional varmint rifle to know that something like you built is much more practical.

Very well done! I have something similar, but used a Rem 700 barreled action. Great setup IMO. Now if I could just shoot out or junk the barrel and get something that's twisted faster.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back