Gov't Shutdown Closes National Wildlife Refuges

The closures are purely political designed so that the "people" feel the pain of a "shut down" government. You are suppose to believe you can't do without it. I suspect in many cases they are spending more money to close and patrol or guard areas than when they are open.

This isn't going as expected. I figured we'd have gotten 4 hitler references by now.

Remember - this is what Congress wanted - a shutdown. You can't blame this on anyone other than the 535 people who can't seem to find common ground on anything.

This isn't going as expected. I figured we'd have gotten 4 hitler references by now.

Only because the esteemed Mr. Rhomas hasn't piped in yet. But, it looks like the lastest turn is towards the woofs, so at least we've got that.:)

Remember - this is what Congress wanted - a shutdown. You can't blame this on anyone other than the 535 people who can't seem to find common ground on anything.

I for one welcome the shutdown, its the governments out of control fiscal policy that pissed me off.

I believe I am in last place in the Hunt Talk Fantasy Football League...

Damn Congress! :p

Apparently Toby Bridges thinks I'm from Bozeman and is going to block me from his Facebook page.

I just couldn't help but let him know I am from California and yet I still kill elk in MT.

The closures are purely political designed so that the "people" feel the pain of a "shut down" government. You are suppose to believe you can't do without it. I suspect in many cases they are spending more money to close and patrol or guard areas than when they are open.

Exactly. And those who think these little things shut down are more important than the state of our debt shows how spoiled rotten we Americans are and are unwilling to go without having it all and suffer a little to find a solution. One thing I find is that when people watch and read the news or forum debates is they look at things in the wrong context. For example, try looking at the words National debt, as YOUR TAX DEBT. Try looking at Government money, government payments, government programs, government subsidies, government payouts, government entitlements as TAXPAYER COLLECTED MONEY FOR RE-DISTRIBUTION. The Government has NO money, they only take from others in the form of tax and put it someplace else. It is up to YOU to vote for who you think will spend your money taken from taxes they way you like, and how much debt you want them to put you in. I know this sounds elementary for some of you but you be surprised that when you talk to the younger adults they do not realize this is a more realistic way for them to see what is really going on here. If you think raising the debt ceiling is the answer, WHY?? If your credit card is maxed out and hit the credit spending limit do you stop spending or call and try and get the credit limit raised?? Ask yourself this and then try to explain why it is good for one credit limit and not the other. After all, they are both your debt and credit limit, too many think they are not connected but you better start thinking different.
So, if you think raising the debt ceiling is the answer, I invite you all to go the PredatorOptics.com and buy enough crap to max out your credit card you cannot afford to pay off and then worry about filing for bankruptcy later:D:D In the end it is the same thing.

Last edited:

I can also blame it on a President who has absolutely no idea how to negotiate, build consensus, pull disparate groups together, and work concessions. This is no surprise to anyone, we've all seen the warning signs, and this issue has been in the news, for 18 months. Instead of preaching about gun control and the George Zimmerman case, the President should have been trying to lead.

I can also blame it on a President who has absolutely no idea how to negotiate, build consensus, pull disparate groups together, and work concessions. This is no surprise to anyone, we've all seen the warning signs, and this issue has been in the news, for 18 months. Instead of preaching about gun control and the George Zimmerman case, the President should have been trying to lead.

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And this is the guy who used the word "Bipartisan" more than anyone I have ever remembered.

I was at a meeting last night and some dude wanted FWP to poison the wuffs off cause that's " what his granddaddy did"

Pirates and Cards are about to start but I am headed to a tree stand.

Horse feathers. Attempting to crater the Gov't and our economy because the House hasn't been able to pass legislation defunding or repealing the ACA 42 times is not a basis for negotiation.

Yeah because without closing our public land most of us wouldn't even notice the shutdown for a while. The feds don't want us to realize we really don't need them for our day to day living, especially for what it costs us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back