Glasgow Children's Museum

Nemont

A fellow from Glasgow has traveled all over the world hunting during his life, he recently retired from the office I now work in and decided to display his trophies at the Children's Museum here in town. I was in there today to look around.

He is putting the animals in by continent and hemisphere when he can.

Here is a sneak peak and it isn't all in there yet.

91bab1f7-c70e-4e8b-b31e-f4aaa9b7817a_zpse7a621a4.jpg

photo5_zps877dcb37.jpg

photo4_zps5c43a6ac.jpg

photo3_zps72c1e005.jpg

photo2_zpsb5bf270c.jpg

photo1_zps2face4a1.jpg

photo5_zpsc56f27b9.jpg

photo4_zpsad94b119.jpg

Nemont, thank you for posting. Reminds me of Theodore Roosevelts contributions to the American Museum of Natural History. Several times a year I went to our Natural History Museum in San Antonio. Would have gone more often if my parents had been into it and allowed it. I hope the children get a lot out of it.

Super! If I'm ever in the area I'll have to stop by. I've been to two other musuems, Phoenix and BYU, whom got a lot of their taxidermy the same way. Makes me a touch jealous thinking of all the things that one gets to see and do developing a collection like that. Kudos to him!

My question is "Where did he have all of the mounts before he displayed them in the museum?" (My wife makes comments when I talk about getting one elk mounted!

The mounts only scratch the surface. I to would be interested in the stories and I am sure there are some epic ones.

Awesome display.

The stories are even better . He can entertain you for hours just listening to his hunting and traveling the world stories. To top it off he drew a Sheep tag in 622 and last Monday filled it with a hog of a ram.

Some More:

photo4_zps937afb09.jpg

photo3_zps00556b86.jpg

photo2_zps7bf3e584.jpg

Last edited:
Hope to get there someday and would LOVE to hear his stories.

Thanks for sharing Nemont.

That is pretty cool to be able to see all that in real life instead of pictures.

Back