Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gabby Giffords husband buys AR-15

Fair enough.

High capacity mags are up for definition. Fifteen vs. 30, whatever....not too much of an issue for me.

Background checks, we disagree. Not every person living in the United States should have a gun in their possession.

I’m completely open to a discussion on background checks.
The problem with current law, and proposed new law is it all includes registration.

If people really want universal background checks on all firearm ownership transfers, then remove the registration component. Period. Without registration, the bill would pass in a landslide.

This brings up the question, what do they really want ? Background checks or registration ?

Right on A-con: No problem with background checks from this guy, however, NO gun regsistration.

mtmiller: If we go with the background checks, which are OK with me... tell me this. Chicago has the most murders in the US. Do you think that the thugs will obey the background check law? Wait one minute... you can correct me if I am wrong, however, hasn't Chicago banned handguns? If a simple law was the answer.... wouldn't the banned gun law have stopped all these murders? My point being.. just because you pass a law, it doesn't mean the law will work. The background check will only help those who are already obeying the law.

I agree with you on your last statement: "Not every person living in the United States should have a gun in their possession". Let's get them out of the crimnals hands.

Just my thoughts.

good luck to all
the dog

Last edited:
"This brings up the question, what do they really want ? Background checks or registration ? "

There in lies the real question!

Smart guy, yes, silly stunt, most probably.

Does it further his cause in a clear and cogent manner? Doesn't appear to be playing well in this demographic.

I have bought several AR's & donated them to two police forces, for the right reason, to better arm the police. And you can bet I didn't go on Facebook or any forum seeking recognition.

His motive seems suspect.

mtmiller:

1. Do you think that the thugs will obey the background check law?

2. Wait one minute... you can correct me if I am wrong, however, hasn't Chicago banned handguns?

3. If a simple law was the answer.... wouldn't the banned gun law have stopped all these murders?

the dog

1. No, it will make it more difficult.

2. Has Chicago banned handguns? I will assume "yes" is the correct answer? I don't care much.

3. No. No one with an IQ of 50 would say that. Do you know anyone that has said that?

No. No one with an IQ of 50 would say that. Do you know anyone that has said that?

Feinstein and Biden are close to that cumulative IQ. Are you saying they aren't tacitly implying gun bans will cure shooting sprees?

I have bought several AR's & donated them to two police forces, for the right reason, to better arm the police. And you can bet I didn't go on Facebook or any forum seeking recognition.

Slam, If your interested, you can purchase an AR and donate it to me. I've been a great help to law enforcement and I'm sure an AR would be beneficial.
Otherwise I call BS.

Feinstein and Biden are close to that cumulative IQ. Are you saying they aren't tacitly implying gun bans will cure shooting sprees?

Apparently you are more intelligent than both of them. I will answer "no" to your question. Am I right?:D

In my opinion if you actually want to solve a crime problem, because, really, that is the issue. Violent crime. You have to first start with the criminal system. Police officers are catching the same people way to often for the same things. Too often it is repeat offenders causing the most problem and guess what, they wouldnt pass the background checks we have in place now. They can still do catastrophic harm with gun, hammer, explosives, fires, whatever they want. If evil is there, its there, and taking away one tool from them isnt going to change a thing. Is going to prison a deterrent? How many ex cons are back at it the second they are back out.

Bottom line is gun laws wont change anything because they simply dont solve anything. If anything, I believe they can make things significantly worse as you give evil people the upper hand. Not everyone should own a gun but taking the law abiding citizens guns away to protect them from evil, weather it is a criminal or a corrupt politician in control of military's or police, we NEED to be able to protect ourselves. The 2nd Amendment gives us this guarantee and it is pretty straight forward. Unfortunately many of todays politicians think they know better and think they can get away from manipulating the 2nd Amendment into a hunting amendment or a home personal protection Amendment.

So how would I fix things? (I always like to try to offer an solution instead of just pointing out problems)

* Bring back hard time in prisons - No cable, no internet - quit trying to reform evil, just keep it locked up
* You murder someone, either you are getting a death sentence (depending on the crime itself) or life with no parole, no pardons, no exceptions.
* You do violent crimes against children or the elderly , you will spend the rest of your time in prison.
* You want to show your dominance over others using rape? Prison for the rest of your time.

* Arrest and put into prison any individual that takes an oath to defend the constitution and then tries to change, manipulate or outright violate it, successful or not.

Obviously The 1000's of crimes would need to be broken down a bit more but I think we can all agree sentences are too short and criminals are often plea bargaining there way out of time.

Apparently you are more intelligent than both of them. I will answer "no" to your question. Am I right?:D

:D

I see it as incumbent party 'shiny coin, keep the campaign momentum rolling, never let a good crisis go to waste' rhetoric to keep the base agitated and their ideological opponents on the ropes while Nero fiddles. Meanwhile, let's not anger Hollywood or failed social experimental cesspools that dot blue state constituency..or fat lesbians...

..and our pups are smarter than Feinstein. Biden might beat em in a spellin' contest but it'd be close.

Nobody in the political arenas fart without it being somehow politically motivated. This smells like an agenda just like any of the shenanigans pulled out by any of those on both sides of the wall (used to be an aisle) and will have just as great an impact - none.

My worry is handing anything over to the Tucson PD - people in that part of the state have more than enough trouble knowing which end is the business end. Must be something in the water or the retardant they dropped for the fires on Mt. Lemon several years back.:cool:

Slam, If your interested, you can purchase an AR and donate it to me. I've been a great help to law enforcement and I'm sure an AR would be beneficial.
Otherwise I call BS.

Tis true oh Sweetnectar one.

Two seperate depts. / two vastely different demo's / 1 inner city - 1 country small town.

Same reason: I own commercial property in both locales, both were broken into, the inner city several times (not to mention the bastards stole the roof air conditioner last August...I'm talking one to handle 8K sq ft.! $29K replacement!!

Same police arming issue: neither dept. supplies rifles to their officers (shotgun & sidearm only).
Inner city dept has the classic hoodrat problem, fearless, well armed(oops there it is), too much time on their hands felons looking for opportunities to rape/rob/pillage/ scrap multi ton A/C units.
Small town dept is well trained but under armed.

Have a friend who is a Rock River dealer, asked what he had, consulted the Chiefs and made a donation.

Hoping the RR LAR's get some use on felons.

Now get back on the dog chain.

Feinstein Claims it’s legal to “hunt humans”

Veterans Should Not Be Exempt From Assault Weapons Ban

Infowars.com
March 9, 2013

In a ridiculous statement, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) claimed that it is currently legal in the US to “hunt humans”.

I'd like to back up and address the background check question that was posed.

We already have background checks, and although the NICS isn't supposed to retain gun purchase information, how many of us actually believe that's true. Secondly, every FFL dealer must retain all 4473 forms for a minimum of twenty years, along with a documented log book indicating when and where the dealer acquired every firearm in his possession, as well as when and to whom every firearm was sold. Those records must be provided for inspection by any BATFE employee when they visit an FFL dealer, failure to do so can and will result in suspension of the license and possible forfeiture of the license, as well as incur fines and other penalties.

So, other than for the purpose of outright registration, what is the need for further background check legislation or requirements????????? If an individual lies on the 4473 form, is a new system going to be any more accurate than the current one? How about the cases where the NICS has prevented purchases from going through, how many of those who were denied were investigated further and/or prosecuted for providing false information on the forms? There is already a question on the 4473 form about mental deficiency and treatment as well as questions concerning criminal activities and felonious actions, will the proposed "new and improved" background check actually have some type of lie detector requirement for FFL dealers to install that will prevent those psychopaths or criminals from lying on the forms? Perhaps the most pertinent question of all, is will these "new and improved" background checks prevent the abuses such as Fast & Furious from being committed under the auspices of the current or future administrations once their new gun laws are passed and are discovered to be just as vulnerable to criminals and psychopaths as the original system???????

Last edited:
StruNut, I totally agree and argue this quite a bit. I have a problem with criminals getting college educations while some high school senior that makes good grades, but his parents don't have the money to send them to college, cannot get the education he/she deserves. Thats BS! Maybe if they would make it actual HARD TIME, it may discourage some before they commit the crimes.
rhomas, you are correct. The NICS checks now are more than enough.

mtmiller, while I see part of what you are saying, I also think that more checks and etc will not work because most felons will get their guns in some back alley with the numbers filed off. . .they WILL NOT buy at a store where a background check is mandatory. . . . so what is gained by a law abiding citizen having MORE checks??

I was just reading this article~ http://www.floridatoday.com/article...stronaut-Mark-Kelly-fights-better-gun-control

and found this quote interesting
Kelly says he did so, "Just to understand how a background check is, to see how hard it is to buy an assault weapon or how easy."

Now, isn't the background check the same whether you are buying a 10/22 or an AR? Seems to me that Mr. Kelly is pretty ignorant about the laws.

He was flown to CO to testify about the magazine capacity bill and when asked about some specifics on the CO bill he didn't have a clue and he said he wasn't familiar with this particular law.

I feel for him and his wife. That is a tragedy that I hope I never have to go through. Lautner however was a complete nut job.

Kelly posted the purchase on his Facebook page. He next plans to sell the assault rifle across state lines to see how easy it is to do, and he will eventually turn the assault weapon in to police.
Now would he be breaking any laws going across state lines to sell a firearm? I'd like to know because the WY border is really close to me.

Yes, he broke the law... but itsOK.[ see NHY "codebook"].. he's a liberal Dem. and right now they have the power.... Just don't you do it..

mtmiller:

If banning handguns ISN"T to stop murders then what is the handgun ban intended for?

Actually your question to me was "wouldn't the banned gun law have stopped all these murders". I will stick with my original answer. IQ's may vary.

I’m completely open to a discussion on background checks.
The problem with current law, and proposed new law is it all includes registration.

If people really want universal background checks on all firearm ownership transfers, then remove the registration component. Period. Without registration, the bill would pass in a landslide.

This brings up the question, what do they really want ? Background checks or registration ?

I certainly do not believe in federal registration or background checks though on the state side - my thought is it is the responsibility of the state to know who has firearms in order to support a well regulated militia. Able bodied people of the state is not based upon each person to decide if they are able bodied... it is the state's rsponsibility to assure they fit within the conditions of non felony, mentally sound, etc... I believe it is a state's obligation to assure compliance with the 2nd Amendment. Just chiming in for shnitz n grins...

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back