Fun trip

Lawnboy

Had a great weekend with 2 of my brothers, their kids, and my dad. We hiked into a remote lake (no trail) and did some camping and fishing. Was a grunt getting in with lots of bushwackiing through blow down and boulders but finally made it. Spent most of my youth in Idaho doing this kind of stuff with my dad being a Fisheries bio for the forest service. Here's a few picts

Only 2 more hours to the lake
2012-07-20 001 002 (640x480).jpg

Can't beat a clear morning in the backcountry
2012-07-20 001 023 (640x480).jpg

This was the most unique backcountry lake I've been too in that it had this beach around it for at least a 100 yards. It was only knee deep before it drops off.
2012-07-20 001 006 (480x640).jpg

Turned out to be some great fishing.
2012-07-20 001 010 (640x454).jpg

And last but not least I tryed out the nylons for hot spots. They work awesome! Not a hot spot at all on the way in. I did finally get a small hot spot on about the last mile out today but that's a 100% improvement over the past. It was a total of around 14 miles roundtrip with no trail for 10 of it. I'm a believer. Let the "gaydar" comments begin :D
2012-07-20 001 027 (640x480).jpg

Looks fun.

No blisters are a good thing. Maybe you can try black,brown or yellow on your next trip.Whatever matches:D

Lawnboy........"And last but not least I tryed out the nylons:eek: for hot spots"..........how about calling them "boot liners" or even "heel savers", and call it good.....

Lawnboy........"And last but not least I tryed out the nylons:eek: for hot spots"..........how about calling them "boot liners" or even "heel savers", and call it good.....

They are what they are. I was told to try nylons and that is what I used. I have a mini van, flowers on my checks and occasionally use my wifes pink Macbook. I have no pride and I'm secure about my manhood :D

Now why didn't you continue to the top of the mountain. The two largest peaks in Beaverhead county are just another grunt away. My kid and I did that hike when he was 12. 9 years ago.

P8060022.jpg

P8060026.jpg

Torrey PK looking from Tweedy

Most of my pictures are on my Desktop PC

Now why didn't you continue to the top of the mountain. The two largest peaks in Beaverhead county are just another grunt away. My kid and I did that hike when he was 12. 9 years ago.

My brother and his kid went for it and signed the box at the top. I was too lazy and was catching fish . My brother loves that mountain range and is trying to hit all those lakes. We'll go to "Torrey next year. thanks for your picts

Fantastic pics and i am very jealous.
Don't shave your legs, it makes it look like a german woman is wearing them and not a guy:D
Cheers
Richard

Great times in great country! Congrats! I got to go to the HOA pool last weekend and fished in the drainage pond in our subdivision with corn as bait. Woe is me...

PS- Like the stockings, reminds me of Britney Spears and that school girl outfit! ;) :D

Looks like a great trip with beautiful scenery. Good to see family outings like that.

Now where's that Victoria Secret coupon looks like I have one more item to grab before hunting season. :D

Great times in great country! Congrats! I got to go to the HOA pool last weekend and fished in the drainage pond in our subdivision with corn as bait. Woe is me...

I did think of how lucky we are out West to be able to hop in the car and hike into this kind of stuff. Thought maybe all the picts on this site help some of you live vicariously through some of us.

No leg shaving for me. Just light colored and not tons of it. :D No garter belt T Bone just calf height. I have to draw the line somewhere :D The point is that the nylon trick really does work. Experiment complete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back