Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Freeze Dried Meals

I tried the MH stroganoff. Not impressed. It’s too watery and damn near no meat. The Peak is better by a wide margin. Obviously taste is subjective, but for those of you that think MH stroganoff is good, you may want to try the Peak. You will thank me for that. I would do a little extra water and sit time for the PEAK.
I add some extra water and 5 minutes extra time.
I also put 1/2 the amount of water it calls for into the pouch 15-20 minutes before I plan to boil the water. It helps a lot IMO. I usually do this once I’m back to camp and unpacking/relaxing.

I add some extra water and 5 minutes extra time.
I also put 1/2 the amount of water it calls for into the pouch 15-20 minutes before I plan to boil the water. It helps a lot IMO. I usually do this once I’m back to camp and unpacking/relaxing.
Interesting. I’ve found the 20 minute sit time to be about right after the boiling water. I do add maybe an extra 2 ounces of water. That seems to do it just about right.

Just tried this today. With ground burger it’s hard to get it to rehydrate correctly but I had no pieces of gravel; it was a little different on texture but flavor was on point. View attachment 268207View attachment 268208
Would you order it again? Looks like a nice option as a change up to the pasta/rice/potato thing that most others offerings have.

Would you order it again? Looks like a nice option as a change up to the pasta/rice/potato thing that most others offerings have.

I just got an order of 4 of them. There chicken wrap stuffs are really good too. Most can use cool water and they are perfect for warm weather so running stoveless.

Last edited:
I just got an order in of 4 of them. There chicken wrap stuffs are really good too. Most can use cool water and they are perfect for warm weather so running stoveless.
That says something. I just ordered up 2 of the burger and added a couple of the chili. Added a couple of the queso dip too for the heck of it. Will try one of each at home first before they get added to the hunt menu. Hoping they are nice change ups/adds to my fave Peak items, and now the chicken enchilada from North Idaho snackables.

I’m still on the search for healthy high protein, high fat and low carb meals. Gastro Gnome has a crazy high carb count for me.
You might have to go the route of one of the earlier posters and order the meal components individually. Like just chicken or ground beef and then add an olive oil pack or some powdered cheese and maybe a vegetable for a little something different.

I like the MH breakfast skillet and southwest breakfast skillet, biscuit and gravy, and chicken and rice are good too.
We've been getting away from freeze dried mainly due to the cost. I'd think with the new brands coming out they might get cheaper, but doesn't look like it.
Been using a good bit of Idaho instant potato packs($1 and 440 cal) plus some chicken packets(weight penalty), Ramen noodles, spam, tuna/chicken packets with wraps.
For Granola, I've been just buying it by the box and mixing it with vanilla protein powder for the protein and addition of calories, then put in ziplocs or vac seal bags, depending on when I'll use it or how long I want to keep it. It's probably a third or fourth of the cost of prepackaged granola. I can also increase the serving size.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back