Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

foxpro for wolves?

Elkmagnet

Hey guys I'm finally thinking about taking the plunge and buying a foxpro the tipping point in my decision of whether or not to buy one was idfg allowing us to use them to hunt wolves I am just wondering if anybody is already doing this and is having success with some specific sounds I am thinking I will at least need to download a wolf challenge howl and a deer fawn in distress in addition to the normal coyote/rabbit sounds. Any one want to team up on a wolf hunt in the treasure valley area?

I have the foxpro fury and I think it would work great on wolves. Given that you can do so many different thing with the sounds on those calls I think fooling wolves would be no problem. I would try fawn distress call, as well as maybe a moose call, dying jackrabbit, and maybe even a raccoon distress call. Hope this helps and good luck.

CABugle

Can you get the elk being disemboweled sound? You have to edit the ending where the wolf worshipper says "Oh that is so spiritual!":)

I just got some new snowshoes I may try and make a little trip into the wood river area. Looks like they have had some success.

Should work. My uncle in IDF has called in three lions over the years with his Foxpro. I suspect they would work for wolves, just as well.

Just a reminder for MT guys. No electronic calls allowed for wolves in MT.

They respond too coyote noises well, coyote howl coyote distress etc heres why:
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXCvLzDNWz0&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXCvLzDNWz0&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

hmmm the video doesnt seem to be embedding, just look up wolves vs coyote on youtube. Its crazy to see how fast they and what they do with a yote when they catch it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back