Football General Talk

I don't think I can agree with that Belichick was a retread when he arrived in Boston. Pete Carrol was when he arrived at Seattle - actually, I think a lot of them are retreads. They just have to get lucky and land on a good team.
Some do work out. More often than not, they don’t. McCarthy had all of the tools to win multiple Super Bowls in Green Bay and didn’t. Ask Green Bay fans if they want him back.

I don't think I can agree with that Belichick was a retread when he arrived in Boston. Pete Carrol was when he arrived at Seattle - actually, I think a lot of them are retreads. They just have to get lucky and land on a good team.
Maybe the word rarely wasn’t the right choice, but for every Belichick there’s a Josh McDaniel.

Some do work out. More often than not, they don’t. McCarthy had all of the tools to win multiple Super Bowls in Green Bay and didn’t. Ask Green Bay fans if they want him back.
I think the SB yardstick is a bit much and ignores the fact that McCarthy had Rodgers, but Belichick had Brady and much more. You can't ignore the rest of the league.

I think the SB yardstick is a bit much and ignores the fact that McCarthy had Rodgers, but Belichick had Brady and much more. You can't ignore the rest of the league.
Yes, unfortunately most of us feel like our teams are unsuccessful if they don’t win a championship. I’m guilty as charged.

I agree with Brent. Not just in football but look how many other people throughout time fail the first time but keep coming back learning each time and then boom, they get it.

I think in football and pro sports it might be just as much the organization as the players look how many #1 picks fail, not because of talent but the organization they are in.

The bar is too high.
The media talks about Kyle Shanahan being on the hot seat if the 49ers don't win the Superbowl this year. What? It takes a little luck also. A couple of funny bounces and your going home for the year.
Does anybody else feel like that would be crazy?

The bar is too high.
The media talks about Kyle Shanahan being on the hot seat if the 49ers don't win the Superbowl this year. What? It takes a little luck also. A couple of funny bounces and your going home for the year.
Does anybody else feel like that would be crazy?
JJ obviously agrees...but you're not wrong

I feel like this is for Vikings fans 🫠
Nah - from pre-season to reg season end happy fatalist is a better characterization . That then changes to really pissed off and paranoid fatalist during playoffs. We are the pre-2004 Boston Red Sox of football. This is far worse than being the pre-2016 Cubs of football (Lions) - where your rational hopes are really never raised that far. No, we often have legit hopes, while knowing this just raises the bar on how horrific the predictable fall will be. All are welcome to join the Vikings fan lifestyle, but like the tundra of the north, not all are sufficiently strong to survive it.

Nah - from pre-season to reg season end happy fatalist is a better characterization . That then changes to really pissed off and paranoid fatalist during playoffs. We are the pre-2004 Boston Red Sox of football. This is far worse than being the pre-2016 Cubs of football (Lions) - where your rational hopes are really never raised that far. No, we often have legit hopes, while knowing this just raises the bar on how horrific the predictable fall will be. All are welcome to join the Vikings fan lifestyle, but like the tundra of the north, not all are sufficiently strong to survive it.
lol I get it. I’ve been a Vikings fan my whole life and Iowa Hawkeyes. I’m used to let down hahaha

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back