Fish Finders

D

Delw

Who has what and why do you like it?
I'm in the process of maybe getting another one, and I'm not sure what I want. I would like one with a gps(our lakes are huge) but there too expensive. I have a hummingbird wide panorame on the back of the boat and a little eagle 2 on the trolling motor in front. I know that if I see fish on the eagle they are there , but the hummingbird I have my doubts. I would like something that If I throw a small bait out I could see it drop. Any ideas,suggestions?

Delw

I have an Eagle Optima on my rig, and its been a good graph so far. It has speed and temp display, and the thing I like about it is the fact that you can shut the little fishy symbols off and use the unit in the manual mode.

Looking at Cabela's new catalog, it appears as though the optima has been discontinued and has been replaced with a new model.

I've been looking for a graph the shoots out to the side ONLY. Bottom Line makes side shooters but they also show bottom contour and I don't want that.

yooper a freind of mine just bought the bottom line one, his brother bought a uh oh I forgot i'll tell you in a min. hehe.(i hate it when that happens) the bottom line is nice but the one his brother bought is better. I will try it out this week and let you know the results.

oh yeah what legnth shaft do you have on your trolling motor and what kind?

Delw

My bow-mount is a Minnkota 50 PD with a 48" shaft. It has PLENTY of nuts to push my rig around, and I can get about 8 - 10 hours out of my 975 amp battery before I need to recharge.

A buddy of mine just bought that Pinpoint set-up last summer. Nice.... but a bit pricey for me. He has the 24v bow mount with a 60" shaft, along with both front and rear mounted transducers and two displays. He has well over $2500 in that set-up which I think was an utterly ridiculous amount to spend.

I belive thats alot of money also. there is a guy here who has there complete set up on a pontoon boat, I see him everytime he is at the lake.

Delw

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back