fish and Game employee gets introuble

SageGhost

An employee of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game is going to serve 40 hours of community service and pay $587.50 in fines, court costs and other fees for failing to tag a deer.

Harry R. Morse, 58, of Pocatello, pleaded guilty to failure to attach a game tag to a carcass in a plea agreement that Judge Henry Boomer accepted Thursday in Valley County Magistrate Court.

Idaho Department of Fish and Game conservation officer Tony Latham cited Morse in January for failing to tag a mule deer buck and taking over the limit of deer, according to Valley County Magistrate Court records.

The second count of exceeding the limit was dropped as part of the plea agreement, according to court papers.

Boomer did not suspend Morse's hunting and fishing privileges.

Morse is a conservation and education officer for the Idaho Department of Fish and Game's southeast regional office in Pocatello. Morse's work involves information and education and does not include law enforcement.

F&G attorney Dallas Burkhalter of the attorney general's office would not say whether Morse faced any disciplinary action from the department.

"Since it's a personnel matter, the department will not comment," Burkhalter said Tuesday.

Would that be one of those "Do as I say not as I do"? Like your parents tell you when they say not to do something that they are doing.
Quick Draw

I wonder if he will get a promotion down the road when they are looking at his evals and records?

I think at age 58, he'll probably be retired before the IDGF Department could file the paper work to reprimand him.

He may get off easy but you never know. Once in awhile, even those on the inside get busted for breaking their own rules. But I partially agree with buzz, he may retire before all the paperwork gets processed.

Should have been fired, I would guess that would be department policy. I know they check your background for wildlife violations at hiring.

Sageghost, how could we forget?? That was the crime of the century. Lock him up and throw away the key. :rolleyes:

We had a past SCI chapter president nailed up here a few years back in a DFG sting...they probably could have forgave the guy for wanting to pop a lion (illegal in Kali) but they drew the line at the bear gallbladder he tried to sell. |oo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back