Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Federal land and politics

I'm convinced Trump is a Dem plant. He says the most repulsive, idiotic chit and his supporters get even more fired up. If he gets the Republican nomination, syke!! I would vote for him over Clinton just because he would be very entertaining and Clinton is a Wall Street crony. But Senator Sanders actually has my true support. Sure, he may have some ideas you disagree with but he is the most consistent of any of these clowns. I actually (gasp!!) believe that he believes what he says. Rare trait for a politician in this country. Ted Cruz is a pandering ass-clown and has easily the most punchable face in Congress. He is so gung-ho about selling our public lands I'm not sure how anybody who enjoys those lands could vote for him. Public lands are my #1 issue and is basically the only thing I will vote for.

Bunch of commie no-goodnicks.

:D

I can honestly say that none of the candidates inspire me. Some scare me, others amuse and more still make me shrug and focus on races that I know will help impact hunting and fishing. Especially local races for legislature and state offices.

Not much will happen if the 97% incumbency rate of the legislative branch holds true. We need to clean house and senate, but we need to figure out a way to keep the institutional knowledge of agency personnel from "abusing" junior legislators and outsider Presidents.

Agency people can be a good thing if they stick to their jobs, but when they run rings around our representatives who "don't know how things work in Washington" then they defeat our system. They, like our current reps, can be "bought" by outside interests. I'm not really talking about your average low level agency person but, rather, your higher level entrenched bureaucratic policy wonks.

I also view our current "journalists" in the 4th estate to be a problem and that is what makes Trump so appealing. I love watching the talking heads who, after so many months, finally "get it" as they try to articulate it without articulating it:

"Oh, Donald is expressing the people's dissatisfaction with us and he's right, but I can't say so without saying so and proving his point. Maybe I should shut up and go get a real job." :D

They try to act all dignified while slapping themselves. The transparently funny ones are those who act like Trump must be talking about their peers and not about them personally; like they are an exception and objectively serving the people's need to know about this important issue. :rolleyes:

Or, as my wife said, after 20 years of yacking they've brought this on themselves. It's like a snake eating it's tail.

Too bad they can't get back to objectively reporting after investigations that involve more than asking the various sides what they think.

End rant.

Not much will happen if the 97% incumbency rate of the legislative branch holds true. We need to clean house and senate, but we need to figure out a way to keep the institutional knowledge of agency personnel from "abusing" junior legislators and outsider Presidents.

Agency people can be a good thing if they stick to their jobs, but when they run rings around our representatives who "don't know how things work in Washington" then they defeat our system. They, like our current reps, can be "bought" by outside interests. I'm not really talking about your average low level agency person but, rather, your higher level entrenched bureaucratic policy wonks.

I also view our current "journalists" in the 4th estate to be a problem and that is what makes Trump so appealing. I love watching the talking heads who, after so many months, finally "get it" as they try to articulate it without articulating it:

"Oh, Donald is expressing the people's dissatisfaction with us and he's right, but I can't say so without saying so and proving his point. Maybe I should shut up and go get a real job." :D

They try to act all dignified while slapping themselves. The transparently funny ones are those who act like Trump must be talking about their peers and not about them personally; like they are an exception and objectively serving the people's need to know about this important issue. :rolleyes:

Or, as my wife said, after 20 years of yacking they've brought this on themselves. It's like a snake eating it's tail.

Too bad they can't get back to objectively reporting after investigations that involve more than asking the various sides what they think.

End rant.

Excellent post. Spot on about the media. Myopic self promotion 'trumps' objectivity. ;)

Attachments

• CZId6wAWAAABKmV.jpg
    CZId6wAWAAABKmV.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 183
Back