Favorite broadhead?

Archery season is fast approaching and I'm curious what everyone uses for broadheads? Fixed or mechanical? Do you use different types for different animals? And has any new broadhead made you think about switching? I use muzzy trocar last year and was impressed, they fly well and I took a deer at 50 yards. Now granted the deer did run about 50 yards but I think that's typical. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I am trying the QAD Exodus, 100grn, swept blade this year. So far I have been really impressed with the accuracy, penetration, and I didn't realize how much noise my Slick Tricks made until I shot these.

I usually run the G5 t3 but purchased some of the new Toxic broadheads to try out this year.

Some crazy looking broadheads out this year.
http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/gear-accessories/bowhuntings-2014-new-gear-guide-broadheads/

I was looking through the hunting regulations for some of the states on minimum cutting width for broadheads. Do you know if the Toxic's meet the minimums? I know they cut a HUGE hole with respect to surface area but aren't as wide as some of the standard blade broadheads. :confused:

I've killed a couple whitetails with thunderheads, and 30+ whitetails with spitfires (and I love them on deer!).

For elk, I'm leaning pretty heavily toward Magnus stingers or buzzcuts at this point, but have yet to take the plunge.

Now that I've been bitten by the elk bug, I'll be interested to see the responses.

I was looking through the hunting regulations for some of the states on minimum cutting width for broadheads. Do you know if the Toxic's meet the minimums? I know they cut a HUGE hole with respect to surface area but aren't as wide as some of the standard blade broadheads. :confused:

No idea. Likely depends on the state.

I'm partial to the NAP Bloodrunner 3 blades. Haven't failed me yet! Best of both worlds: fixed and mechanical

I have used thunderhead 125s for 25 years. they have never failed me, so I never switched. I like the solid broad heads, but for the price I can't stop shooting thunder heads.

I have seen those toxics at the range, they seem pretty accurate. I tried the shuttle t and I don't know if I did something wrong but they always seemed to work their way loose. I know they are supposed to be accurate. Do the NAP blood runners fly well?

I have shot Muzzy 3 blades for 20 years but just this summer purchased some Solid Broadheads. I'll have to wait till after season to give an opinion on their performance. They sure looked nice when I opened the box though...

I like my broadheads like I like my women, cheap and simple. I use 100 grain 3 blade Muzzys.

Muzzy 100 grain 4 blade here, bought em cause they looked good, and so far have killed everything I've shot with em so why change.

Slick Trick 125s, or if I feel like shaking things up I'll put on some Magnus Snuffer 125s.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back