NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Fall hunting plans?

Bambistew

What are your guys plans looking like for this fall?

Africa took a bite out of my vacation, but I still have a few hunts lined up.

I'll be in CO for a week chasing elk/deer with my muzzy in September. The logistics for this hunt just keeps getting better and better.

Hope to get in a couple days deer hunting later in Oct with a buddy in CO again

Archery/muzz/rifle hunting here in MD for deer Sept-Jan

Duck/goose/lion/bison hunting in MT over Christmas. :D

I've got too many tags and not enough time.

I'll be hunting in AZ, CO, MT, and WY. Mostly in the month of November.

Good luck in CO Bambi;)
I struck out in every state except MT this year.........But, on the other hand now i can focus on a good elk, deer, lope, bear, this fall.................................oh, and the buffalo that you are coming to help load in the truck:) Bought 7 deer b tags to fill in the gaps:)LOL

I schmaltzed a couple of applications this year so I'm stuck in Cali for the most part though still considering an OTC bowhunt in Oregon.

I schmaltzed a couple of applications this year...

LMAO! :D

I've got antelope in UT in three weeks. Then goat in AK the first week of Oct., and straight from the airport to WY for deer. Finish up with deer and elk in CO in November.

Well, the fall should start out with some fantastic fly fishing for big rainbows, cutts and hybrids. Nice that it is within a 1/2 hour of home.

Then the shotgun will come out and my pointer will get fired up for some partridge and sagehens.

The wife's cow tag opens 10/1-hopefully that will be meat in the freezer shortly there after.

Pheasants come to mind by mid October.

While the NV deer tag opens 10/5 I am thinking the last week of Oct/first week of Nov. is a good time to shoot a muley buck.

My Idaho muzz hunt opens 11/1 for muley bucks-so for about 10 days I wll be hunting deer in 2 states. Fortunately the hunt units border each other.

By then the geese should be showing up. Good times!

Lots. Too many, if that is a possibility in the context of hunting tags.

And then there is IDBugler, who will need to find other employment by Thanksgiving, as he will have sold his soul to the hunting deamons (I call them Gods) for three months. Allow extra space for the hunts of he and his family.

It starts for me in CO on 8/30. Ends in IA on 12/21. Unless I draw my MT bison tag, which will provide a 1/31/09 ending.

Good luck to all.

Oct. 11-15 Co. Elk., Nov. thru Dec. passive aggression for Texas Whiteys...trying to fit a Hill Country Axis doe weekend in sometime...maybe a West Texas Auodad if time and funds coincide..(might need to adopt Oak's cheap knife theory)

Started my season by passing on two dinker antelope bucks this morning.

It will be a Montana fall for me (deer, elk, antelope) with the possibility of an archery deer/lope hunt in Sodak and a definitely a December archery hunt for whitetails in the holy land (North Dakota).

Mix in some waterfowling in Montana and I should be broke by Christmas sitting on the interstate off-ramp holding a cardboard sign reading "Dumb, Broke, and Ugly....Please Help".

drahthaar, where do you hunt?

The Texas new year liscenses go on sale today, I'm headed to get one in a bit. I'll hunt doves, deer, turkey and javelina for sure here. I have another exotic hunt here in Sept. and I hope more before the year ends. I think axis is the best meat, but eat others that are very close and sometimes better when variety is needed.

Headed north of the border Sept 19th. for my first ever guided hunt and it is for waterfowl. Figured out that it is cheaper to hire somebody to do all the leg work, have decoys, scout, cook etc., etc.

Have a date with some sharpies and lots of huns, then ducks, geese and pheasants. Will work in a deer hunt or two. Then late season honkers over on the east side, the bonus is that it looks like we will get a 5 goose daily limit for dark geese in the Central Flyway.

Nemont

drahthaar, where do you hunt?

The Texas new year liscenses go on sale today, I'm headed to get one in a bit. I'll hunt doves, deer, turkey and javelina for sure here. I have another exotic hunt here in Sept. and I hope more before the year ends. I think axis is the best meat, but eat others that are very close and sometimes better when variety is needed.

I hunt right here in NW MT. And I am not complaining really. I know how lucky I am to be able to hunt elk deer bear birds here. I can see that from reading many different forums. MT residents are kind of spoiled. But I got a taste of IA whities/pheasants when I was in school there, and I would love to go back again. Would like to take to the dogs to SD for pheasants too. Read online about elk in other states, but to draw is next to ridiculous, even for resies of these states. AK is what is on my mind, Canada too. Too many irons in the fire right now, just can't get her done.

I will also be in for Colorado's First Elk season as NHY. Really looking forward to that, along with some fishing while my elk is processed. Then I will be back home in NW Louisiana Hunting Whitetails. I was hoping to shoot Bigfoot, but the last time I shot one it looked like a gutshot and I never found it.....somewhere in Georgia. John:D

I don't have quite as ambitious plans as some of you but hope to have a great season none-the-less (I'm envious of you big time travelers!) but here's what I'm looking at:

Whitetails in Tennessee late Sept. thru January
My annual trek west to hunt Mule deer hunt in Wyoming in mid October
Sea ducks in the Chesapeake Bay in early Jan
Hogs in Tennessee in Jan/Feb
and all the dove, duck, and small game I can squeeze in from Sept thru Febuary

Good luck to all

A long awaited elk hunt with my 13 year old son. We both drew controlled hunt bull tags near Salmon ID. Got the whole month of Nov for that, then depending on how early the elk hunt is over....probably get over to SD for some pheasants.
Best of luck to all, can't wait to see the photos and hear the stories!

August - MT lopes
September - MT archery deer and maybe elk
October - MT waterfowl, mule deer and mountain goat
November - SD Black Hills deer and West River deer
December - MT waterfowl

A measly 4 big game animals for me:

WY mule deer, MT elk, MT antelope and MT mule deer.

I hope to attend some hunts with friends, and maybe do some upland bird hunting.

Lots. Too many, if that is a possibility in the context of hunting tags.

And then there is IDBugler, who will need to find other employment by Thanksgiving, as he will have sold his soul to the hunting deamons (I call them Gods) for three months. Allow extra space for the hunts of he and his family.
I wish I had at least half the tags you have Fin. :eek:

Idaho Archery Antelope (I might hunt 2 or 3 days)
Arizona Archery Elk (September)
Wyoming Antelope (Ocotber)
Idaho Deer (October - December)
Maybe a 2nd Idaho Deer same time from as above
Colorado Deer (November 1-7)
Wife - Idaho Unit 40 late deer hunt (Novemeber 1-24)
Idaho Archery Elk (November)
New Mexico Oryx (Feb 28 - Mar 1)

Should be a fun year. Good luck to all the hunttalkers this year. I can't wait to see what is taken.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back